Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Looks good man, although being its black bike.. I think you should have added a little more light.

·
Banned
941 Posts
Looks good man, although being its black bike.. I think you should have added a little more light.
I don't know jack shite about photography, but my friends that do it for a living say that black vehicles are the most difficult to photograph.

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
I don't know jack shite about photography, but my friends that do it for a living say that black vehicles are the most difficult to photograph.
Same here, not bashing on the OP at all.. Just providing some feedback that I thought might be useful. I wouldn't doubt its very hard to get a black vehicle's picture just right.

·
Banned
941 Posts
I would have removed the mirrors,indicators,and sliders.Bike is really clean though,the red on the sub frame is perfect.Thanks for posting!
...and a solo tail would have been nice. speaking of...whats that lil thing sticking out of the tail?

·
Banned
365 Posts
thats a jardine yes? Great asthetic pipe. The two holes out the back instead of the two bros poo shooter.
Dianese sticker makes you think it's a ducati before looking twice, but goes well with the subframe.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
+675 for the red subframe, sliders removed, solo tail and more light...

Less stickers and an Akrapovic would've been better, too :whistle:

But overall SWEET !

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
It's true. Black reflects EVERYTHING. You don't want reflections in the paint. You want clean highlights.

EDIT: Here's a very informative link about lighting vehicles from one of the most famous guys who used to be in the industry. I don't care for his removal of the backgrounds, but the guy knows his stuff. Helped me out a lot.
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70290

OP: Here's a tip that I've been meaning to try. Get a couple of white bedsheets and stretch them out above the bike. Light the sheets with a few lights to create one big softbox. If you place it above the bike, then you should get some nice highlights showing off the curves. That's basically how they do it for the studio shots.

Also, are you pointing the lights at the bike? It's much better for vehicle photography to light the ground and things around it. The reflections will show up in the paint to give it the definition you're looking for.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Nice pics! The red subframe bring out the other subtle reds like the Dainese and Jardine badges. The stock tail light pops out more with because of it too...to me at least.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.