Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently the bike fell over in some soft ground, and it couldn't have been like that for more than an hour. It fell to the left side and rested against the wall so it was still mostly upright. It is worth noting that the rear frame is currently off for powder coating, but I left everything hooked up other than the taillights and turn signals. I distinctly remember hearing a click of some kind when I picked it back up, now when I turn the key and hit the starter button it does absolutely nothing. The dash shows that is always in neutral with the neutral light on, and it will not go through any gears. Turning the key to the on position the dash lights up and I hear the normal clicks and the fuel pump priming, then the dash goes dark for a couple seconds and lights back up like normal. Not sure if this is relevant or not but I threw the multimeter on the battery and it is at 10.4V. These symptoms have me stumped on what the issue could be.

·
Registered
210 Posts
With the battery at 10.4v it won't do much. Charge to 12.5+ before doing anything more radical. Or just jump with your car. That will tell you if it's just a low battery issue.

·
Registered
493 Posts
If you use the car battery to jump start your bike, DO NOT have the car motor running!

10.4v isn't squat. Surprised you even got the dash to light up.

Reactions: Chirp
1 - 3 of 3 Posts