Triumph 675 Forums banner

NJ area suggested rides

11K views 90 replies 20 participants last post by  TJST144 
#1 ·
After 2 straight years of working at my current job, I'm finally taking a week off. I'll have the week of April 29th off and would like to get at least one good, full day of riding in somewhere in there. I need some suggestions on good rides, though. I know of a few good roads, but I'm tired of riding 1-2 hours out of my way for a single run up and back. I want to get a good stretch of riding going.

So, throw up any and all suggestions and possibly some route maps if you want to. Of course, if anyone wants to join me, let me know so we can set something up. Thanks in advance, guys!

#2 ·
I'm from south jersey, there isnt really anything worth a full day of riding down here, everything seems to point to PA/NY for a good ride.

But I'm interested in a good one too.

And I am off on mondays so I could ride the 29th if you wanted.

#3 ·
I wouldn't mind taking a ride out towards PA. I've gone up into NY, but the ride there is mostly highways for me. I'm thinking of some sort of scenic ride out to some good roads, enjoy some twisties, then a relaxed ride back. I just don't know where any of the good rides are, so I spend all my time searching for a halfway decent road.

Depending on the weather, I'm good for Monday. Hopefully, there will be some good suggestions, otherwise, I'll see what I can find.

#4 · (Edited)
I'm down for a ride Saturday. I've never gone out to pa but I would be up for it.

Here is a long one into pa.
http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/road/3516032/

Here is a shorter run.
http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/road/9756040/

I have done hawks nest a few times but not this exact ride. I know both are a bit north of you but I'm having trouble finding stuff south. Look through that Sunday morning rides site and let me know if you find something and if you are down for Saturday.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
Both of those look great! I'm really leaning towards the long PA ride, though. Then again, with a full week off, I think I can manage both. I'll shoot you a text by tomorrow to let you know if I'm definite for Sat.

On a side note, my girl and I just picked up an '09 250R for her yesterday and she's signed up for the MSF course the weekend of 5/3-5/5 I believe. Looks like she'll be joining up on some rides later this summer.

#8 ·
Yeah that longer pa run looks awesome! One thing you guys might want to hit 191 coming back on 209 towards Bangor pa. It's got some really nice twistys down the mountain. Although I love riding up it because I can get nice and low going around the turns. Enjoy!

#13 ·
I am in central Nj, the roads just west of me are very good. We ride to Frenchtown, a little into PA, and there are some good roads up by high point. Also, a trip up to bear Mt. NY is a good day ride. I am down for a group ride. People on this site seem to be of all the same mentality.....no squids we can hope....

#14 ·
That is what stinks about South Jersey, you have to ride 1-2 hours just to get to some good roads. And then they just go further and further away. The ride back home is what kills.

But I'm def down for some rides, and I'm hoping to buy a trailer soon so I can just trailer it somewhere then ride. Plus I have family in upstate NY that has amazing roads I like to ride on.

Also I can use it for NJMP.

#19 · (Edited)
@ scotchrocks - I'm down for some riding on those days. Hopefully we can break into the 60s for that weekend. Where is French town? By the way love that screen name. Scotch does indeed rock.

@ metal explorer - Mat you know I'm always down to ride. Plus I'm probably not going to do so many track days this year so I'm really looking forward to some more local rides.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#21 ·
@ Duckhunter. Thanks, and absolutely love
The Deftones.....
Now, i have my trusty calendar out, Sunday April
13th should be late enough to have some plus 60 days...
Seems i live in the middle of alot of us, and dont mind planning the
Route.. If everyone is good with that????lol

#22 · (Edited)
#23 ·
, i have my trusty calendar out, Sunday April
13th should be late enough to have some plus 60 days...
Seems i live in the middle of alot of us, and dont mind planning the
Route.. If everyone is good with that????lol
It will take me an 1 1/2 hours to even get up there... hopefully another south jersey guy will join

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.