Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everybody, I recently sold my 06 scorched yellow 675 that I've owned for about 10 years. I stumbled across a 2010 red 675 that only has 1500 original miles for $3500 USD. Obviously I bought it. Needless to say its a gem, but everything is as it came from the factory, such as fluids, plugs, tires, etc.. I have plans to replace tires, oil, brake pads & brake fluid. I am going to see how it goes before deciding to replace plugs & air filter. I know there are a few upgrades between my old 06 model and the 10 model I have now. A question to you guys is if there's anything that I need to keep an eye out for on the 10 model that is a known problem, or if you think I'm overlooking any maintenance items before putting it on the road.

Life has been busy the past few years and I honestly haven't put many miles on my previous bike let alone this new one, so I'll be approaching everything cautiously until I get my sea legs back under me. I recently moved to Eastern Tennessee, so there are plenty of great areas to explore and ride. If anybody is local to Knoxville area let me know, I need to make some new friends. I haven't gotten into the track scene at all, and ride fairly conservatively but would still love to get out and about if anybody is local to me.

· Registered
284 Posts
You have some great roads to look forward to along the NC border. I call it MotoDisneyland and drive up there from SC once a year.

Other than some stator failures (and it seems a small subset of many brands/models have that issue) these bikes are solid.

I would question why you're replacing brake pads with 1500 miles on them. And no reason to replace a clean air filter and spark plugs unless it was stored in some strange place (like a chlorine warehouse). There is value in pulling the plugs and reinstalling them with a little anti-seize as two different metals will eventually bond together if left undisturbed long enough.

Clean and lube the chain real good. Sounds like a heck of a buy. I would of bought it in NY minute :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts