OK here goes.
Just introduced myself in the intro part
Here are my first questions

To import a UK bike into Belgium, I need a COC

I've contacted Triumph UK
They said a COC for a UK bike will state:
- It being in MPH instead of KMH
- The lights being UK lights

For the mph to Kmh, u can switch it back and forth on the dash by pushing 3 buttons, so I guess I can ask them to remove that part on the COC.

But for the lights
I have been looking at movies for the daytona 675.
As an example, both UK and dutch bikes seem to have the low beam on the left hand side and the high beam on the right.
Can someone confirm this?
Any idea why, if they are the same, triumph would make the difference between UK and the rest of the world?

thanks all

Gwen

·
Registered
105 Posts
I wasnt aware that Triumph changed the low beam side on the UK bikes. But if it is true then its probably because in Europe you drive in the left lane, as opposed to the right in the us. So having the beam on the right would be blind oncoming drivers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasnt aware that Triumph changed the low beam side on the UK bikes. But if it is true then its probably because in Europe you drive in the left lane, as opposed to the right in the us. So having the beam on the right would be blind oncoming drivers.
Mmm
Both US and Europe drive right hand side
UK and Japan ride left.
(Belgium is Right hand side)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can someone in the UK/ Ireland help me with the following

If possible can some of U put your bike in front of a wall (say 5 meters) at night and put on there low beam and take a picture of the pattern of the lights?
That way I can compare it to the pattern of a Euro bike

Thanks

Gwen

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
As far as I know, the low beam is always on the left side, and there's no difference for oncoming people, as the beam's aim can be adjusted.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I should switch mine…
"Yes officer I know the speed limits only 100, I was only doing 100…" :evil2:
Think it would work?
High beam is on the right on mine, we also ride on the left, but the cut out is flat then up to the left where it would be to the right for the Euro/US bikes.
May have to swap the lights with a UK/Australian/NZ or Japanese one.
Find damaged lights and swap the internals?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
uk low beam is on the left when facing the bike? or facing away from the bike? because I believe australian bikes also have that setup :/

It's made it a shit for me when i was trying to rebuild my last one, and when i was looking at doing an 09 conversion on my 08

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Is your left arm your left arm, or the left one when facing yourself ? :biggrinjester:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts