Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I've been looking to get a roadbike for the work commute plus general riding on and off for a while. I recently saw a speed triple and loved the look, after some internet searching I came across the 675 street triple and it was everything I was after.

I went to town to pick up a $10 part for my KTM and saw a nice looking triple in a dealership I drove past. I stopped to look, got sucked in by the sales guy to have a test ride and that was it, deposit down there and then, just sorting finance and should pick up a new one next week.

It's the normal version, not the 'r' as there is a wait for them and I'm not a patient person!

Looking forward to lurking here more often :) :thumbup:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome from the Central Coast NSW, the Aussies are really invading this site lately.
I love the whole Nelson Bay area, especially Shoal Bay and Fingal Bay.

I know what you mean about the 'R' version, I was lucky enough to get the last STR in gloss orange, I would have preferred the Graphite colour but there was no way I was waiting till March/April for the next shipment.
Now the Orange has grown on me and I am loving the STR, easily the best bike I have owned to date.

Cheers
Rob.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whoops, yes Nelson Bay! Had better look into changing that.

Rob - I used to live in Blue Bay on the Coast until a couple of years ago. I'm planning on moving back at some point this year as it's where most of my friends and girlfriends family are :)

There seems to be heaps of after market parts for this bike, are they any good places to shop for bits in Oz?

·
Registered
480 Posts

Rob - I used to live in Blue Bay on the Coast until a couple of years ago. I'm planning on moving back at some point this year as it's where most of my friends and girlfriends family are :)

There seems to be heaps of after market parts for this bike, are they any good places to shop for bits in Oz?
Mate forget the shops..... grap your parts online where you can while the USD/AUD is at (or close to) parity. Plenty of good reputable sites to purchase off (see the vendors area). Personally i recommend riders discount

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers, I normally buy my KTM stuff from the US to save the dollars :) I'll check out riders discount, thanks.

Still working my way round this whole forum thing!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure, I'll look forward to it :)

·
Banned
365 Posts

Its the OEM parts that r a buggar to get lol

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Mickey's also from up that way, I'm at My Colah and pretty much live on the old road so if ya round Mt White and see a blue tona say hi.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the kind welcomes guys, I feel all warm inside....oh wait, I just pissed myself sorry :rofl:

Seems like there are a few Sydney/Coast guys around so hooking up a get together in the future shouldn't be so hard.

Trying to sort some stuff with the loan today, have issues around my visa I need to sort out...god damn!:pout:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Supposed to pick my bike up next week with belly pan, headlight cowl, seat cowl, arrow twin slip ons and re-tune. The color coded radiator shrouds are included but wont be fitted as I'm not a fan.

I will get some new bars to replace the cheapies and also a tail tidy and I think I'll be happy with the rest as it's a pretty sweet package.

If I fin the shock an issue I'll get an Ohlins one, I need to find a decent issue with the original first though....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts