Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been hanging around this site for about a year now, gathering info and generally enjoying the sharing.

Now I'm ready to jump in with both feet. I've started building a racebike from the ground up.

The frame is a one-off aluminium tube frame with SaxTrak front suspension. Nigel Hill of Saxon Racing is building it right now and although I haven't been to see it recently, I hear that its about half done.
The engine is currently a stock Daytona motor. All I'm doing right now is cleaning it up and fitting a Sigma slipper clutch. There's plenty of stuff to keep me busy before I start spending money on tuning.

Brakes are already bought - top notch Brembo WSB spec calipers and PFM iron discs as a throw-back to the Saxon-Triumph race bikes sponsored by PFM in the 90's.

Next job on the list is electronics. I plan to reverse engineer the CanBus so that I don't need to use a standard instrument cluster (which I don't have anyway!)

Will start a thread on this when I have the frame in my hands and can post some pics. I've thrown up some info on the 90's Saxon Triumphs using the 900 Trident engine here: www.westcoombe.com

Cheers
Gadgeteer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, its taken nearly a year and a half to get an update, but here it is at last.

The frame is probably at 80% and finally I've got some pictures after dropping in at Saxon to leave some wheels for the next stage.

First pic shows the front end's mounting points for the SaxTrac suspension. Its a good view to see how well the loads from the front suspension are spaced out.

The SaxTrac front end is complete but is off the frame at the moment and I forgot to take a pic of it.

The pic of the back end shows the main structure of the swingarm before bracing.

Woooohoooo. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Cheers
Gadgeteer

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome from the central coast of California! Of course, after I replied did I realize that this is an old thread revived. Oops! Hello anyways! :whistle:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts