1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Stay strong for the rebuild, guys...

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Thoughts and prayers going out across the wire.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks for all the thought guys. I actually live in Auckland but I know a few people in Christchurch that I'm still trying to get ahold of. Its by far one of the worst tragedies in a long time... 75 confirmed dead with over 300 still missing... the whole city is basically torn down and will need to be rebuilt.. Best wishes go out to everyone affected by the quake!

·
Registered
100 Posts
+1 for all the thoughts, guys and gals. I'm in the north island too but it's heartbreaking to see our friends in Christchurch cop a second quake in 6 months. One good thing about Kiwis is that we're resilient and with only 4 million of us, it's like family in situations like this so they won't want for help.

Urban search and rescue teams have arrived from our mates in Aussie and teams from our friends in the USA and UK are on their way. I'm moved beyond words.

On a personal note, our daughter's godmother lives in the hills near Christchurch
Had a one sentence text as her batteries were nearly drained saying her family were ok. Have no idea about their property but hearing that they're ok is enough for now.

Cheers,

Geoff

·
Registered
631 Posts
The rescue company I work for has a team down there, with that and the calls we are getting in, I have about as good as an idea as I can get from Auckland.
To call this a massive tragedy would only scrape the surface of what it means to us in New Zealand.
It will drive home what a small community we are, where everyone will know someone that knows someone who has perished in this devastating event.
Christchurch is one of our main centres; the people are friendly and willing to chat to anyone, something that Auckland is unfortunately loosing.
To see it torn apart like this is heartbreaking.
The loss of the iconic buildings, though sad in its own way, the families that have suffered loss make the destruction of the bricks and mortar pale into insignificance.
This may turn out to be the single largest loss of life we have ever had to face.
To have so much help and support from other counties is something we are all very grateful for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts