Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, what are you doing?

I started p90x today and have pledged better eating habits to go along with it...

p90x is not for the faint of heart and it proves how pathetically out of shape I have allowed myself to become... but I'm determined to get in better shape...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
lots of bad things, some even horrible

good luck at p90

did it for 2 years now and its helped a lot but with the new prt program, I think its doing more damage then good

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Get back on that fucking elliptical in the middle of my living room. Was down to 175 with a 34-35 inch waste and no belly 6 months ago and now I'm back to 36-37 inch waist and an extra 15 lbs of belly fat. Cardio Stamina is what I need and to not look like a fat old guy...I'm 6'1 and only carry weight at my gut.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Funny how it's all fitness stuff, eh?

I haven't made any resolutions but had already decided last year - in the face of younger, fitter competition at the track - to get into better shape.

I have a personal training session every week and now I'm supplementing it with cycling and other stuff. I'm 6' 3" and 175lbs but I need better cardio endurance and flexibility. I'm already seeing the benefits, and my PT guy is great. All the training we do is 100% focused on fitness for riding. He's even watched video of me on track to help get his head around the movements I need to be able to do. Great guy.

Regardless of riding, as a desk jockey I need to keep working on my fitness, so I guess I'm on my way. Looks like I'm not alone.

O.B

·
Registered
631 Posts
Ride more, care less…
And buy some goodies for the bike, and some new gear.
I need to get into shape but fuck it, can't be arsed.
New years resolutions that I'll stick to.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Get my fat ass back in the gym. Starting on the 4th and have a co-worker workout buddy now. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Get my fat ass back in shape. I weigh the same as I did in highschool now, at 185. When I was in shape 2 years ago I was 150-155, and was able to run 1.5 miles in 8:05.

Get another bike. Get a place with a garage.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Get back in shape by dropping 20 to 30 lbs. You think P90X is bad try Crossfit. I may try P90 though. Might need to have knee surgery again though so we will see.

Other stuff is to get to track days, eat better, spend more time with family.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Get back in shape by dropping 20 to 30 lbs. You think P90X is bad try Crossfit. I may try P90 though. Might need to have knee surgery again though so we will see.

Other stuff is to get to track days, eat better, spend more time with family.
I've done both. You guys should try the Insanity workout. It's crossfit on crack! I might get back into that one but I don't know for sure. I definitely would like to shed more body fat off me though.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I've seen the Insanity workout infomercial. You have to be somewhat in shape to even start that.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It would be if there wasn't such things as taste buds...:laugh:

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
You'd think that something as simple as "eating less" would be a little easier
I have a huge urge for sugar and no discipline to fight it. Not to mention my job involves A LOT of travel and an irregular schedule so I don't really have the ability to take my breakfast, lunch and most of the time dinner with me. So I eat fast food a lot. I can only stand subway so many days of the week.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I am actually already/stll in shape.:rofl2:

So my resolutions involve things like reading my bible more consistently, riding my bike more often (including road trips), and finish paying off my student loans :cool2:

oh and be more awesome...

...and buy a dirt bike....

.......and build a go-kart.........

:beatdeadhorse5:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've heard many people say money-related things also. I made some dumb mistakes when I was a kid, and didn't pay some surgery bills on time. (a few of them went pretty damn long) Well, after waiting and waiting, and trying to do some stuff in my favor financially, 2011 is the year all of that crap gets purged from my credit rating! So It's not a resolution, but it's still pretty awesome.

Honestly, my resolution this year is to try to have more tact. It's that simple. i sometimes operate without a censor. :whistle:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Earn more money.

Stop finding new inventive ways to waste the little I have.

Keep the 15 kilos I lost since september by only eating once every other day lost.

Find myself a girl :whistle:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am actually already/stll in shape.:rofl2:

So my resolutions involve things like reading my bible more consistently, riding my bike more often (including road trips), and finish paying off my student loans :cool2:

oh and be more awesome...

...and buy a dirt bike....

.......and build a go-kart.........

:beatdeadhorse5:
I really like the fact that you want to read your Bible more...part of my desire also!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm going to start smoking and gain weight!

Actually my resolution is to run a 21:30 5k. I had a PR last summer of 23:14 without any "training", just some recreational MTBing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts