Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
this came off Gixxer forum

How NOT to clean your chain. **GRAPHIC PICS*** : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com

I will start off by saying that I am a worthless squid rookie and I suck at everything in life.

I was about to go for a ride today and my chain was pretty nasty, so I put it up on the stands and got out the wd-40 and a rag. I started the bike, put it in gear and let it idle. I sprayed the chain down really well and I put the rag up to it and it got caught and took my hand with it through the rear sprocket. I had to have everything above my last joint amputated on my index, pointer and my ring finger on my right hand. Thankfully I am left handed. It was a stupid mistake on my part and now I will forever pay the price for it. Say what you will, flame away, I don't care. I have accepted it and I take full responsibility. I made a choice (not knowing any better) and I will live with the consequences for the rest of my life. I thought I would post this so that 1.) no one else ever makes this mistake and 2.) To show that you don't have to be riding for a bike to get you hurt.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Holy disgusting repost man. But a good warning to future motorcycle owners. They should print that shit in the manual.

·
Registered
2008 Triumph Daytona 675
929 Posts
Seriously dudes...this should be in the PIT. No one needs to see those photos... even if they do serve as a warning.

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
Old repost.

Seriously dudes...this should be in the PIT. No one needs to see those photos... even if they do serve as a warning.
Moved to the Pit, fixed the title.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Actually, everyone should see that at least once. But yes, it should've been in the pit for sure. :laugh:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I must admit to LMAO: lubing with WD40, putting it in gear and using a rag!?!? People are so stupid! :stupid:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow that's the first time I've seen that. That is gross. It had never crossed my mind to turn the bike on and put it in gear to lube the chain.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Wow that's the first time I've seen that. That is gross. It had never crossed my mind to turn the bike on and put it in gear to lube the chain.
Yeah, that's been floating around on here and every other motorcycle forum for a while now. It's a good thing to see IMO and it makes you re-think everything you do. I like my fingers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow, thanks for the re-post. It'll definitely serve as a warning (even though I don't do that), but to not do anything like that and pass it on to my buds.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
....... just because some of you are bitching:whistle: here's some icing on the cake:laugh:

handjobs and egg slicers dont mix:laugh:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Some advice that has served me well through the years is "If you wanna keep your fingers, don't put 'em anywhere you wouldn't put your dick."

·
Registered
665 Posts
that shit still brings tears to my eyes...

give the guy props though for taking the time to take pics before setting off to the hospital

:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Some advice that has served me well through the years is "If you wanna keep your fingers, don't put 'em anywhere you wouldn't put your dick."
I don't know if that advice would work for everybody. There's lots of places I wouldn't put my dick, but I know other dirty bastards would. :laugh:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Shit, I thought the chopped off fingers was dirty.

Then I saw the one Qweesy posted and that picture made shiver.

·
Banned
365 Posts
WTF! Ahh. Why do i keep scrolling clicking.
That shit is reserved for "Dont Smoke" while your are "Cleaning your Motorcycle chain in gear" Dinner time Government AD campaigns :gettingsick:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts