Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Ive made a post under street triples a few days ago but its not been approved?

Heres some pics of my bike and a few changes Ive made. It was perfect to I messed with it and now has awful light and no wind protection! :) But I love it. Need to upgrade brakes though. Can admin please approve my post under street triple section?

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Plant Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s what my other thread I’m waiting to be approved is about. Forks options.

I’ve managed to find thst all years 675 street triple and street triple R forks are same diameter outers sleeves. Until 765

I do want to have gold outer sleeves. So Daytona forks might be a good option. But I need to check on here that they fit. Are all Daytona forks the same outer sleeve diameter as well?

Ideally I’d like the mono block calipers. I’m unsure if they can be fitted to all years of Daytona forks?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As for rear damper, R rear damper of one comes up or the R1 from 2009 or 2010 look a good option. I’ve got that a 0.5mm need shaving off. But it’s a little bit longer and feel that gonna mess with the geo?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and with fork change, change will be forks, brake calipers and brake lines. What about brake discs? All different sizes? Non R vs R street, different year Daytona?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, sort of finding what I need to know. Looks like a lot of cross over from street non R and R and Dayton forks.

A good thread here where someone has stripped and rebuilt. (non-R) 2008 Daytona forks swap into (non-R) 2012 Street Triple outers.

I assuming externally forks for 2013+ are the same?

Brake discs look to be sold for daytona, street R and non R as either pre 2013 and post 2013.

Looks like I need Daytona forks post 2013, so I can reuse my brake discs and fit the monoblock calipers? If I buy earlier dayton forks I'll need new brake discs and wont be able to fit monoblock calipers? (but they will fit)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, my bikes a non ABS.

What are the history of the Daytona forks? Is wikipedia correct?

06 to 08 adjustable pre-load, rebound and compression damping
09 to 11 adjustable preload, rebound and high/low speed compression damping
13+ Kayaba 41 mm upside down forks with adjustable preload, rebound and high/low speed compression damping

The 2013+ look to have a different casting to allow for ABS, but is it otherwise the same?

The Nissin 4 piston radial monobloc calipers fit 09 to 11 and 13+, do they fit earlier forks? Would be useful to know that for my friends early Daytona track bike, he would like to put monoblocks on that.

Its complicated as wiki says the 2013+ Dayton and Street has 310mm discs, not 308mm. I should of looked at wikipedia before. Its clear that they all fit, but Im confussed around brakes between 09 to 11 and 2013, the Monoblocks appear to have been paired up with both sizes of discs?

Looking on World of Triumph, 09 to 11 and 2013 have a T2021234 Brake Caliper Dowel , an insert. The 2mm difference must be small enough that it doesnt mater but they do have these dowel things.

uuuumm can I get away with a 09 to 11 Daytona forks, with Monoblocks and standard 2013 street triple brake dics......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Renbuy, appreciate the help.

Someone is breaking a 2013+ Street R and just listed a load of parts on uk eBay.

So Ive picked up a very good condition rear Street Triple R shock for £120. They have some great looking forks.....but Im an idiot and want gold outer sleeves! hahaa Very tempted by them and then rebuild with my outers......I dont know. Probably work out an expensive route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts