Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
G'day everyone,

Obviously i'm from Aus. Have been checking the site for a while now and bit the bullet to buy my first Tona.

Loving the bike!! Best bike to ride. All the obvious advantages torque over the Jap bikes and top end over the twins. Best of both worlds.

I did buy my bike new and the overflow of the coolant used for the bike managed to find its way on to the rear shock of the bike (pic below).

I hadn't noticed until recently but the residue from the coolant, mainly on the master cylinder has caused the metal to corrode!!

I was wondering if anyone knew if it could be the coolant (didn't know it could do that much damage) and if brake cleaner can be used to clean it off? didn't want to get brake cleaner all over the rear shock only to find it was not a good idea to do that.....any ideas?

:thumbup:

Appreciated.

Tom

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
Nice choice!!! :bowdown: Where exactly is the coolant leaking from? Do you have a picture of the leak itself?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it is coming from the overflow hose. The dealership must have over filled it? It has stopped leaking now....I hope. :)

There was alot of white scaly build up on the connecting rod and the shock itself. I took a wet rag to it and cleaned off as much as i could get to.

I think I might just have to go for a ride in the rain to get it all off. Gotta christen the new jacket anyhows.

Cheers for the props on the bike. I was so stoked with the black and gold rims. Missed the 08 SE so when I saw this I extended and am not regretting it at all.

Tommy

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Hi, didn't know thay still offered these colours :cool: Welcome to the show,and don't worry too much, parts in this arear are used to getting mistreated :rofl2:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nice looking bike you got there! Id just give it a wipe over and check the leak isnt a continual thing. Looks like only a small amount at this stage anyway - keep an eye on it.

If its brand new, your due for a service at 1,000kms, which you probably about to hit already! So if its still an issue get your dealer to sort it...

Oh and welcome aboard..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Guys.

Leak is all sorted now but I am getting a weird smell after going for a ride. Could be just cause its a new bike. Never had one before. :)

Lind of smells like burnt coolant but there is no leaking at all anymore. Am about to hit the 1000km mark so I will ask when I put in for service.

Apparently the bike is the new colors for the 2011 range. Like the blue addition, the black is being offered with the gold rims and decals.

Cheers guys for the comments. Catch ya soon.

Tommy

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sydney. Are there any Sydney riders in the forum?

Would like to get out to a few rides. So far I have hit the Old Road to Peats Ridge and back down to Wisemans. I will be going out to the Bells Line of Road sometime in the near future.

Drop us a line if your keen.

Tommy

·
Banned
365 Posts
No Sydney riders here ;)
Does it come off, cuz i got that shit all over my engine and stator covers from a recent coolantleak.
Figured it could wait till the next wash :|

1 - 13 of 13 Posts