Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm picking up my 2011 Street Triple R this weekend, and realized I'm tight on garage space (too many toys). It looks like a viable option to save some space is a rear stand. I've started researching a few, and two seem to keep poppng up: Pit-Bull and Steel Horse. Any thoughts on one over the other? Or, are there better options out there? Does anyone know if the swing arms have spools or are threaded to accept them?

Thanks in advance,

Marc

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
I have pitbull and it works great, but I imagine they all probably work pretty good.
I have two Pitbull rear stands, one with the handle facing towards the rear and the other one that faces towards the front. I like Pitbull for their quality and durability.

Buy stand bobbins, do NOT use the swing arm versions.. they are horrible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are 'stand bobbins' the same as 'spools'? If so, can I assume that the swing arms are pre-drilled to accept them?

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah...I think we're talking about the same thing. The spools sit on the stand, preventing direct contact with the arms themselves.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Yeah...I think we're talking about the same thing. The spools sit on the stand, preventing direct contact with the arms themselves.
You are. Buy a spooled stand. If you're buying pitbull, get the one that has the swingarm lift built in as well. If you ever have to lift a bike up that doesn't have spools, you'll be glad you did. Work on your buddies bikes and have them chip in some money.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have the pitbull with the handle facing the front. Has served me well. Just take your time and be careful when aligning the bobbins with the stand. I nicked my swing arm and touch up paint is expensive and hard to come by. Consider wrapping the cups on the stand with a cloth or something soft.

·
Registered
202 Posts
PitBull FWIW, great product, customer service, I'll never buy another brand, go to a club race or track day and see how many people use them. Initial cost is higher,but it's made in the USA, keeping a small business that values its customer base open, a rarity in this day and age w/ the big box store mentality.

·
Registered
171 Posts
pitbull is awesome...so is woodcraft. can't go wrong with either. however, pitbull is a little better cause it's adjustable. woodcraft if one stand fits one bike.

·
Banned
941 Posts
You are. Buy a spooled stand. If you're buying pitbull, get the one that has the swingarm lift built in as well. If you ever have to lift a bike up that doesn't have spools, you'll be glad you did. Work on your buddies bikes and have them chip in some money.
+1 My buddy has this stand even though he has spools on his bike. He went down at the track which broke off one of his spools. Flipped the mounts around on was able to put his bike up on the stand by the swingarm.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have front and rear stands from CIA. Light as hell too. Made in the USA too, right in Riverside, CA. www.ciastands.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts