Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
06 Daytona 675 Tornado Red
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I picked up a used 13k mile '06 675 for $4.5k, in Tornado Red fairings.

Previous owner was an ignorant fool squid, and did like did no maintaining whatsoever, except covering it with stickers of companies which have no parts on the bike.

I've ridden probably 200,000 miles in my riding career, and have had 2 '06 daytona 675s.one i sold and 1 i totalled riding into new squishy asphalt mid apex.

My new 3rd Daytona, seems to be very sketchy from a stop to 5mph in super slow situations. i dont remember noticing how easy it is to lock bars side to side, and feel my insides squirm. ive had zx14s, sv650s, klr650s, but this beast is damn sensitive. ive got a scotts triple tree steering damper that came with bike, and i almost want the scheisty stock one lol. Full Exhaust included, and two frankensteined stands to lift her up. much tlc and [email protected]#&^ng the PO's hairbrain "mods".

lots of maintenance ahead (easy stuff), and new rearsets to intall because Mr Squiddly Know Diddle PO had them scrape the rearswingarm with wrong length bolts....

Im looking for sane local riding buddies, and am blown away by the info on the site here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im still wiping bird bombs from it. Riding it home was embarasing because it looked like a rolling turd expo... pics coming soon, if im allowed to post any.

PS im recovering from an unpleasant major abdominal organ transplant surgery that still causes "bad days", and the 22 different meds im on can zonk my abilities. ugh.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took it for a spin, and oh boy. Im loving my newly tuned up, fully maintained bike. And especially my fully adjustable rearsets, btw, for the dumbasses that think all chinese metal is cursed. Ill enjoy the money I saved and yall can enjoy the same expensive chinese made metal thats exported, and relabeled with significant markup and a Parmaseanomiseanogouli, Italy custom laser etch.

Just need a set of Pirelli Angels and a new KN air filter...

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
the 22 different meds im on can zonk my abilities. ugh.
And especially my fully adjustable rearsets, btw, for the dumbasses that think all chinese metal is cursed. Ill enjoy the money I saved and yall can enjoy the same expensive chinese made metal thats exported, and relabeled with significant markup and a Parmaseanomiseanogouli, Italy custom laser etch.
It must be all the drugs you're taking that are zonking your ability to think clearly.

·
Registered
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R
221 Posts
im still wiping bird bombs from it. Riding it home was embarasing because it looked like a rolling turd expo... pics coming soon, if im allowed to post any.

PS im recovering from an unpleasant major abdominal organ transplant surgery that still causes "bad days", and the 22 different meds im on can zonk my abilities. ugh.
Congrats on your new bike, and sorry to hear about your struggles post organ transplant. Hope things clear up for you quickly in that regard.

Also, if you’re trying to make local friends on the forum, you may want to reconsider your strategy. Making positive posts on other people’s threads may encourage them to take a chance riding with you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Uh... being physically exhausted some days isnt by any stretch of the mind the same as being inebriated on mind altering substances. And I obviously don't plan on ever riding while exhausted. Blood pressure drugs, antiinflammatory drugs, and immunosuppressant drugs, vitamins, and antirejection drugs, and the such do not pose any risk, Dr. I will continue to ride when I feel fine, and have quite a few friends I already enjoy riding with.

I normally dont engage with anonymous knowitalls over the internet. However, if a three sentence reply that naming a motorcycle is quite silly triggers you emotionally to feel as if you need to go on some sort of internal crusade to defend yourself, so be it.

Enjoy your ride, be safe, and avoid squids. Ive picked up dozens of their bikes, and helped them call Mr. Towtruck. Squids are dangerous like the motomadness mirror slappers. Easily offended "keyboard tough guys" are no better.

And lastly, you are not my doctor. My Doctor is smart, gifted, hot and way cooler than you. And ive had the driving go-ahead for quite a while, Judge.

Good day to you.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I normally dont engage with anonymous knowitalls over the internet but...
Hahaha...good one! I don't believe you. You sound just like one of those knowitalls. You haven't offered any facts or proof to back up your statement, but I guess your superior intellect is enough to justify your own beliefs.
triggers you emotionally to feel as if you need to go on some sort of internal crusade to defend yourself, so be it.
Easily offended "keyboard tough guys" are no better.
Oh the irony.
And lastly, you are not my doctor. My Doctor is smart, gifted, hot and way cooler than you. And ive had the driving go-ahead for quite a while, Judge.
Anyone can pay a Doctor to tell them what they want to hear.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Took it for a spin, and oh boy. Im loving my newly tuned up, fully maintained bike. And especially my fully adjustable rearsets, btw, for the dumbasses that think all chinese metal is cursed. Ill enjoy the money I saved and yall can enjoy the same expensive chinese made metal thats exported, and relabeled with significant markup and a Parmaseanomiseanogouli, Italy custom laser etch.

Just need a set of Pirelli Angels and a new KN air filter...
Congrats on the new ride. I also rescued my Daytona from a dude who had zero respect for maintenance of any sort. The bike had 2300 miles on it (2014) and the brake fluid was almost black, the Renthal sprocket was almost brown with brake dust/road grime, and the chain O rings were coming out of the chain. These bikes deserve better!

That said, let’s see the bike man….all these posts and not one pic yet. No bueno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hahaha...good one! I don't believe you. You sound just like one of those knowitalls. You haven't offered any facts or proof to back up your statement, but I guess your superior intellect is enough to justify your own beliefs.

Oh the irony.

Anyone can pay a Doctor to tell them what they want to hear.
Go piss in your own chips, fart canal. Shall I send you my medical records and upload my consciousness to your Matrix? If I wanted to hear an asshole, i'd fart.
Grow up. I don't need to "prove" anything to anyone. And I enjoy my superior intellect. If i need my car washed, ill let you know, Biff. Be a man.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
There's a village somewhere.... missing an idiot or two. Far Canal. Maybe he will drive into one and make the world a better place. And hiimchad, ride a thistle. I sincerely hope you get a rare tropical virus on your crotch.

·
Registered
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R
221 Posts
There's a village somewhere.... missing an idiot or two. Far Canal. Maybe he will drive into one and make the world a better place. And hiimchad, ride a thistle. I sincerely hope you get a rare tropical virus on your crotch.
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.