Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
06 Daytona 675 Tornado Red
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I picked up a used 13k mile '06 675 for $4.5k, in Tornado Red fairings.

Previous owner was an ignorant fool squid, and did like did no maintaining whatsoever, except covering it with stickers of companies which have no parts on the bike.

I've ridden probably 200,000 miles in my riding career, and have had 2 '06 daytona 675s.one i sold and 1 i totalled riding into new squishy asphalt mid apex.

My new 3rd Daytona, seems to be very sketchy from a stop to 5mph in super slow situations. i dont remember noticing how easy it is to lock bars side to side, and feel my insides squirm. ive had zx14s, sv650s, klr650s, but this beast is damn sensitive. ive got a scotts triple tree steering damper that came with bike, and i almost want the scheisty stock one lol. Full Exhaust included, and two frankensteined stands to lift her up. much tlc and [email protected]#&^ng the PO's hairbrain "mods".

lots of maintenance ahead (easy stuff), and new rearsets to intall because Mr Squiddly Know Diddle PO had them scrape the rearswingarm with wrong length bolts....

Im looking for sane local riding buddies, and am blown away by the info on the site here.

·
Registered
06 Daytona 675 Tornado Red
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im still wiping bird bombs from it. Riding it home was embarasing because it looked like a rolling turd expo... pics coming soon, if im allowed to post any.

PS im recovering from an unpleasant major abdominal organ transplant surgery that still causes "bad days", and the 22 different meds im on can zonk my abilities. ugh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts