Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on everybody. Figured I would introduce myself since I will most likely be seeing some of you at the track this up coming deason :thumbup:

I know that its not a Triumph....

I did 1 track day down at NJMP (lightning) on my 05 GSXR street bike. Got home from that weekend and immediately started searching for a track bike. I found this 07 ZX6 with a ton of goodies on it for a decent price. Picked it up on a Saturday and was at NJMP (thunderbolt) on a Sunday. Love the bike and cannot wait until next season
Some pics for the hell of it..

(as I picked it up)

It is currently sports the following:

Ohlins TTX rear shock
Ohlins 25mm cartridges in the forks
Full titanium M4 exhaust system
Marchesini Wheels
Brembo MC/rotors/calipers
PC3usb
Ignition module
Quickshifter (GP shift)
BMC race air filter
Jumper mod
Custom mapped by Marietta Motorsports (106rwhp/42rwtq)
520 conversion (RK GXW chain, Driven sprockets)
Woodcraft clipons
Vortex rearsets
Vortex gas cap
CRG shorty levers
Galfer braided brake lines
Optimal Racing bodywork
Scotts steering damper

Anyway I also recently got rid of my GSXR (traded it in) an have already nearly paid off an 11' Triumph 675R (which is why I am here). I am hoping to take delivery of the new bike next month...

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, glad to see another track junkie. Have you heard about our Triumph675.net track day? Check it out, does not matter that it's not a Triumph. :thumbup:

ATTN: Track Day Riders and those that want to try the Track (2011) *OFFICIAL POST* - Triumph675.Net Forums
I heard about that like a week ago when a bunch of my buddies from another forum were attempting to sign up for those days with TPM and it wasn't working :laugh:

I am considering signing up for this and I will know by the end of the week whether or not I am in..

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
I heard about that like a week ago when a bunch of my buddies from another forum were attempting to sign up for those days with TPM and it wasn't working :laugh:

I am considering signing up for this and I will know by the end of the week whether or not I am in..
Well, if you come along I am sure we could allow your buddies to come as "guests" with you. The more the merrier.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Soooo I have been doing a bunch of work on my bike getting ready for the upcoming season...

Started with replacing the swing arm for one that the spools were intact.

Next I figured why not send the suspension out for service while the bike was apart.

I recently received a bonus from my job and I have gone on a bit of a spending spree..

Brembo MC

New res for MC

Marchesini Forged Aluminum wheels

Brembo Rotors

Brembo Calipers

I just got new rubber mounted this morning.

I am currently waiting for the suspension back so I can put everything back together...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
finally got my suspension back from service at ohlins usa...

some progress

only thing I need at this point is to order custom/longer set of spieglers. The ones I ordered are not long enough to work with the brembo calipers. oh well.

got the new wheels on there finally. no more moving them all over my bedroom depending on which drawer I needed to get in :lol

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice. Good to see I wasn't the only one spending money this off season!

You know, the only way you're going to find out if all that stuff is worth the money you spent is at our track day at NJMP in April!! :whistle:
yea I was spending it right there with ya man! What goodies did you pick up this off season?

I actually got a PM from Hazexban ( without double checking, I think that is the user) regarding those days down at NJMP. I have no gotten back to him yet due to a rough past couple of days but I am waiting to hear back from a couple of my buddies and seeing if they would like to join me. I should have a definitive answer by the end of this weekend.

offtopic: I just put another 4 thousand dollars down on my 11' 675R today. Oh april where are you :waiting :impatient

·
Surfer of the lear
2,165 Posts
yea I was spending it right there with ya man! What goodies did you pick up this off season?

I actually got a PM from Hazexban ( without double checking, I think that is the user) regarding those days down at NJMP. I have no gotten back to him yet due to a rough past couple of days but I am waiting to hear back from a couple of my buddies and seeing if they would like to join me. I should have a definitive answer by the end of this weekend.

offtopic: I just put another 4 thousand dollars down on my 11' 675R today. Oh april where are you :waiting :impatient
More than I would like to admit LOL:

- STM slipper clutch
- 30mm Ohlins Fork Cartridges
- Bazzaz ZFI-TC
- Bazzaz QS
- Bazzaz AFM
- Bazzaz TC & Map Switch
- Ballistic 8 Cell Lithium Battery
- Samco Hoses
- BMC Race Air Filter
- XT Mini Lap Timer
- 520 Chain w/Renthal sprockets
- New Shoei X-12
- Heroic SPR-Pro Gloves
- Ogio 9800 Gear Bag
- Honda EU2000i Generator

I hope to see your bike at the Forum track day!

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
So when you are done with all of these mods.. how much are you selling this bike to me for? :whistle:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
More than I would like to admit LOL:

- STM slipper clutch
- 30mm Ohlins Fork Cartridges
- Bazzaz ZFI-TC
- Bazzaz QS
- Bazzaz AFM
- Bazzaz TC & Map Switch
- Ballistic 8 Cell Lithium Battery
- Samco Hoses
- BMC Race Air Filter
- XT Mini Lap Timer
- 520 Chain w/Renthal sprockets
- New Shoei X-12
- Heroic SPR-Pro Gloves
- Ogio 9800 Gear Bag
- Honda EU2000i Generator

I hope to see your bike at the Forum track day!
that is a nice shopping list man :thumbup:

So when you are done with all of these mods.. how much are you selling this bike to me for? :whistle:
:rofl2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts