Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I currently own a 2009 Hero Blue Buell XB12Scg that I have no intention of selling, ever, however I have been youtube stalking the 675 for a couple weeks now and am totally in love with the unique sound of the triple and the color scheme of the 2010 SE. Also based on reviews I am very pleased that it is a torquey bike, like my Buell, because I have never had much fun on Jap metric bikes....too much revving to get anywhere.

I called up Triumph only to find out that there are only 2 available in FL one of which is 7 miles from my job which I already went and checked out. Thing is beautiful. After taxes Ill be somewhere around 13k.

Not sure of the point of this thread, just wanted to stop by and introduce myself and let you know that Ill be lurking and asking a few questions before I decide to drop the hammer. Thanks!

My current old lady:

The supposed mistress:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've had my 2010SE for about 5 months and love it more and more each time i ride it.

Get one, you will absolutely love it.

Get the Arrow slip on. Sounds amazing.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Probably, but don't get anything you don't really need just yet, except if you get a huge bargain.

Gel seats + straighter repositioning of the OEM clip-ons are about the best mods you can get in the beginning.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the tips guys!

after reading all the reviews the gel seat def was on the list of things to get. good to know about repositioning the clip ons. the buell has a bar which i upgraded pretty easily...how easy is adjusting clip ons?

thanks SR71, i absolutely love thing for the urban warfare i face here in miami lol. def a keeper. just want something thats a little nicer at highway speeds.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Remove bolts securing the clip-ons to the upper clamp, loosen the clip-ons, find the notch, tighten the clip-ons, check everyting clears.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've had the 2011 SE (the one you have pictured) for the past month and love it. Prior to the Daytona, all my bikes were Honda and Suzuki 600s, so the switch to the 675 triple has been a great move, mainly due to more even power/torque throughout the rev range. Plus you're right, the sound is awesome.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had the 2011 SE (the one you have pictured) for the past month and love it. Prior to the Daytona, all my bikes were Honda and Suzuki 600s, so the switch to the 675 triple has been a great move, mainly due to more even power/torque throughout the rev range. Plus you're right, the sound is awesome.
How did you decide on that over the Caspian Blue?? Im torn at the moment.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Just a warning, if you get the Daytona you will not like riding your buell anymore or you just will not like the Daytona that much. The only thing they have in common is that they are both motorcycles... hahaha. Trust me on this one because I did the same thing as you.

Guess which one I don't have anymore...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sold your buell?

to me the are very different, and thats wht im going for. A little variety in riding position, sound, looks and performance :D

either way its payed off, minty clean, discontinued and will prob be a collectors item one day. Ive never ridden anything else that has attracted more attn. that alone is worth its weight in gold to me lol.

·
Registered
752 Posts
sold your buell?

to me the are very different, and thats wht im going for. A little variety in riding position, sound, looks and performance :D
Yep, simply put the Buell rides like shit compared to the Daytona. In end I was just keeping the Buell around because it looked cool and sounded cool, I didn't even really enjoy riding it anymore.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, simply put the Buell rides like shit compared to the Daytona. In end I was just keeping the Buell around because it looked cool and sounded cool, I didn't even really enjoy riding it anymore.
LOLOL exactly!! o well. enough for me i guess, plus if i sell now id lose, even though i only paid 6k for it with 1800 miles. its too soon.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yeah I know exactly where you're coming from. Luckily I was able to sell mine for the exact same amount I paid for it. Yours looks REALLY nice though, hang on to it and maybe it will be worth something one day.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i guess ill have to see. i believe you. i also believe that the bike is just too unique to let go, even if it only gets ridden 10% of the time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts