Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined this community after I just bought my first bike. A 2013 Triumph Daytona 675R. I am needing a rear seat so my wife can ride with me.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I honestly can not think of a worse first bike to learn how to ride with a pillion. It’s a track bike with lights. The very first thing I did to my 675 when I brought it home was to remove the rear pegs and put a rear cowl on it so that I would NEVER be tempted to have a passenger on the bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I honestly can not think of a worse first bike to learn how to ride with a pillion. It’s a track bike with lights. The very first thing I did to my 675 when I brought it home was to remove the rear pegs and put a rear cowl on it so that I would NEVER be tempted to have a passenger on the bike.
So do you still have the rear seat you removed

·
Registered
505 Posts
It won’t fit your bike.

I’ll say this again - the 675 is a track bike with lights. The suspension, geometry and ergos make it a terrible choice for carrying a passenger.

You are coming across as either a troll or a really clueless new rider. In the case of the former - whatever. In the case of the latter - don’t hurt yourself or your passenger because you are going to ride way beyond your limits/skill set.

Enjoy the bike for what it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate your advice as you have been riding these bikes longer than I have. And yes you are right it is uncomfortable but I bought the bike and I’m just trying to make best with what I have. I have the exact same bike as you so why wouldn’t your rear seat fit?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Your bike is 2013 model. Mine is from 2012. Do some research and you’ll understand why that matters.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Re: riding with a passenger. The “Shop Manual” with Ari Henning on Revzilla TV does a great job laying it out. About 4:45 he explains why a sportbike probably isn’t the best choice - particularly for your passenger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts