Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys. First off im new to the forums and i just wanted to say what up. Secound off i need your opinions. In april i bought an 08 Daytona SE all sexy with its phantom black paint and its flossin' gold wheels. I will say it was the most perfict bike ive ridden so far. Until a jetta desided to share my side of the road and clipped me. So now i have the option of buying back my "totaled out" daytona. There asking 1400. and the motor starts ans drives fine. the only part of the frame they said was bent was the sub frame. so i was wondering what you guys thought is it worth it?? get back to me
Mike

·
(RIP) Wiser than you I was
5,852 Posts
No its not worth anything. So buy it and sell it to me.:laugh: Where are you located? Some folks here can probably help you get it going again.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would buy that back in a heartbeat. I seen friends spend 2 grand or more on gsx-r's with the forks twisted 90 degrees. BTW, where are you located, and who is your insurance co?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haah yeah im gonna buy it back but it is doing some weird $hit, when you push it forward it will turn the dash lights on and off. Have you ever heard of this happening?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chances are you could part it out for considerably more than the buy back price. Otherwise sounds like a fun project bike.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Id def buy it back. I did that with my ole F4i I used to have and turned it into a track whore. Oh how I miss her :tissue:

·
Registered
993 Posts
"Until a jetta desided to share my side of the road and clipped me. So now i have the option of buying back my "totaled out" daytona."

Sounds just like this youngster whose father sprung for a brand new 675 where I work a few weeks back and he ran into his dad shortly after leaving the parking lot.

I tried to tell him it was no beginner bike but his father had all the answers.

Start out on a Ninja 250 or something smaller and you will become a better rider.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
"Until a jetta desided to share my side of the road and clipped me. So now i have the option of buying back my "totaled out" daytona."

Sounds just like this youngster whose father sprung for a brand new 675 where I work a few weeks back and he ran into his dad shortly after leaving the parking lot.

Start out on a Ninja 250 or something smaller and you will become a better rider.
Not only did he not say it was his first bike, but he said it was the most perfect one he's ridden so far. It also sounds like he wasn't at fault in this accident. Where is that coming from?

To the original poster, I'm not sure what the lights are doing, but I'm sure you could get it fixed up, or like someone else said part it out. I would probably part it out and have more than the $1400 you paid for it plus the insurance and just get another one.

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
Not only did he not say it was his first bike, but he said it was the most perfect one he's ridden so far. It also sounds like he wasn't at fault in this accident. Where is that coming from?

To the original poster, I'm not sure what the lights are doing, but I'm sure you could get it fixed up, or like someone else said part it out. I would probably part it out and have more than the $1400 you paid for it plus the insurance and just get another one.
+1 I was like uhh... ? haha.

Anyways, I say buy it back and make it a track bike. :thumbsup:

·
Race Team Sponsor
1,248 Posts
haah yeah im gonna buy it back but it is doing some weird $hit, when you push it forward it will turn the dash lights on and off. Have you ever heard of this happening?
Mike, is that your SE at Martin's??? :laugh: I was eyeballing it wondering if it was going to be a buyback!! (Love those gold wheels!!)

If that's the one, yea, $1,400 is a OK deal if you're doing the work yourself and the frame isn't tweeked out or badly damaged, but you've got your work cut out for you.. Engine never leaked so it should be good, the wheels and front end looked OK.. If the frame is tweeked, I think ShaneXMan still has a full nekid frame avail...

As far as the electrical, you've got a prob with the harness would be my guess.. The tank took a couple of direct hard hits from the top and the main harnesses runs really close on the left side...

Good luck dude!! If you're parting it out let me know...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"

Start out on a Ninja 250 or something smaller and you will become a better rider."

WOW your such a squid man. Im no beginner nore did my daddy buy my bike buddy. You should really think before you leap....I mean honestly man wtf

·
Race Team Sponsor
1,183 Posts
You aren't in Texas are you? I would LOVE to buy it for a track bike...You should just sell it to me :cool2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PunkinDave haha yeah thats my baby at martins =( i was soo piss when that tool hit me i only had it for a month and a half. Did you look at it closely at all? Cause to me the forks and frame look fine. How can i be sure it not tweaked? But yeah bro ill buy it back hhaha you have first dibs on the Goldies

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha nah ben im stright from pa son. Im really thinkin of puttin her all back together slowly i just need to find out how to check the frame

·
Race Team Sponsor
1,248 Posts
PunkinDave haha yeah thats my baby at martins =( i was soo piss when that tool hit me i only had it for a month and a half. Did you look at it closely at all? Cause to me the forks and frame look fine. How can i be sure it not tweaked? But yeah bro ill buy it back hhaha you have first dibs on the Goldies
Yea, I looked pretty close and didn't see anything obvious except the rear subframe was off center. (I'm no expert) Sometimes they'll total the bike if the frame is just scratched, but I didn't note the actual damage (could be under the tank).. Personally, if the frame wasn't bad, I'd take it and rebuild it (perhaps without fairing) but I'm a fair wrench with lots of tools!! (Your actual results may vary) Look carefully at the estimate to repair and note what's cosmetic and what's functional... Go from there..

If you're parting it out, you'll do OK, there's a lot of good parts.. Don't expect to make a killing though, there's alot of labor tearing it down, selling and packing..

Good luck!!:itsok:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts