Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thank my lucky stars for the wife and the Navy for providing me the permission and the means (respectively) to own my two all-time favorite Triumphs.

Proud new owner of a 2007 Daytona 675.

This bike is opening my eyes and my arteries to a wonderful world of agility and a nearly legendary transmission, to boot.

Hoping to someday have the knowledge required (and resultant post count) to be a real contributor to some of the seasoned discussions here. Not new to forums, just the technical side of the 675.

Photo attached for your viewing pleasure and some proof that I'm no spoof. Thanks for welcoming me!

(Tank and windshield stickers have been removed. 1093 miles at purchase.)

·
Registered
112 Posts
2 very nice bikes sat in what looks like a new house too!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Welcome Wiffle! Those are two great looking bikes ya got

You happen to pick the 675 off Craigslist by chance? Saw a red one for sale last week

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Welcome Wiffle! Those are two great looking bikes ya got

You happen to pick the 675 off Craigslist by chance? Saw a red one for sale last week
Two folks from Federal Way, eh? We'll have to meet up sometime. I'll be visiting Lakewood tomorrow morning to get a TOR tune on this babe.

This particular 675 came from Redline motorsports. I put some money down to hold it in December and picked it up the first week of January, right before we got that snow... The ride from Tacoma to Bremerton was a cold one that I wont soon forget!

Is there anything I should be concerned about, Fail? This one had low miles and a new rear sneaker, which made me antsy, but I've put about 300 miles down so far and she purrs like a kitten.

2 very nice bikes sat in what looks like a new house too!
The house I own now isn't yet a year old. Single car garage makes it nice and cozy for ski equipment and motorcycles only!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Two folks from Federal Way, eh? We'll have to meet up sometime. I'll be visiting Lakewood tomorrow morning to get a TOR tune on this babe.

This particular 675 came from Redline motorsports. I put some money down to hold it in December and picked it up the first week of January, right before we got that snow... The ride from Tacoma to Bremerton was a cold one that I wont soon forget!

Is there anything I should be concerned about, Fail? This one had low miles and a new rear sneaker, which made me antsy, but I've put about 300 miles down so far and she purrs like a kitten.
Well my bike is for sale, so it will have to be soon if we do meet up :nod: Triumph of Tacoma is a great shop, they'll take good care of you.

I have heard the same of Redline so i think you're fine

·
Registered
382 Posts
Looking good , but since you have 2 Triumph's might I suggest downloading TuneECU and buying a cable ( which is pretty cheap ) that way you can load all the tunes you want on both !!! Plus do some other good stuff ( correct speedo, run diags. clear codes , etc.etc. )

·
Registered
215 Posts
Like I said before, Ditchrat, I'm surprised I haven't seen you around here. You haven't seen anyone on a red SV or a motorsports color scheme S1000RR have you?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Like I said before, Ditchrat, I'm surprised I haven't seen you around here. You haven't seen anyone on a red SV or a motorsports color scheme S1000RR have you?
I am too and no haven't seen ya... i would have remembered the S1000RR for sure, so i will keep an eye out for ya

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking good , but since you have 2 Triumph's might I suggest downloading TuneECU and buying a cable ( which is pretty cheap ) that way you can load all the tunes you want on both !!! Plus do some other good stuff ( correct speedo, run diags. clear codes , etc.etc. )
Yeah, great program! Trouble is I'm a Mac user. Still researching solutions, but until then I'm happy with what I've got.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forums man. I look forward to seeing you on base when it warms up a bit lol.
I'm game as long as the roads are relatively dry, most of the time! I'll be parking at the OCAB most of the time in Bangor, though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts