Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a clutch taken apart to be rebuilt and put a new clutch on my 2006 Daytona 675. Upon removal they noticed that the clutch was severely and drastically shattered and let me know that if any of the pieces of clutch plates or any of the clutch got inside the engine it would be ruined in best to just sell my bike after getting the clutch replaced well it’s still in good condition before it “blows up”. Although they don’t know if there’s pieces inside of the actual engine internally they still suggested just to sell it, it’s a piece of crap bike shop. That’s super lazy so should I take their suggestion or should I keep my first bike which is this one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you sell it, please disclose the potential issue to the new buyer. Also, It sounds a bit sleazy of the shop to say to just sell it. I am not sure I would continue giving them my business.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I had a clutch taken apart to be rebuilt and put a new clutch on my 2006 Daytona 675. Upon removal they noticed that the clutch was severely and drastically shattered and let me know that if any of the pieces of clutch plates or any of the clutch got inside the engine it would be ruined in best to just sell my bike after getting the clutch replaced well it’s still in good condition before it “blows up”. Although they don’t know if there’s pieces inside of the actual engine internally they still suggested just to sell it, it’s a piece of crap bike shop. That’s super lazy so should I take their suggestion or should I keep my first bike which is this one.
If you sell it, please disclose the potential issue to the new buyer. Also, It sounds a bit sleazy of the shop to say to just sell it. I am not sure I would continue giving them my business.
they are operating The shop without a license is there anything I can do about that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They also basically said and literally said they don’t wanna see my bike at that shop anymore and that they weren’t gonna work on it then my dad asked for reimbursement and they said all right fine we’ll work on it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Drop the oil pan, check it all out, im pretty sure if you detonated your clutch while riding it would have presented itself as an immediate problem. Is it possible that they broke it while removing it? They can be pretty fragile especially if they're old. Also, what part shattered? Friction pads, the basket itself, the metal pressure plates, the springs, etc?

·
Registered
48 Posts
they are operating The shop without a license is there anything I can do about that?
I'm rather confused by this question.
1) Not all states require a license to work as a mechanic
2) IF having a "license" is a big deal to you, why did you go to an unlicensed shop?
3) What exactly are you hoping to "do about it"? I assume "it" is their license status

It sounds like there is a lot more to this story than is being told... that said:

Like StanS3 said, drop the pan and see what debris there are. Change the oil & filter then ride it for ~100mi, change oil and filter again and make sure to check for any debris.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drop the oil pan, check it all out, im pretty sure if you detonated your clutch while riding it would have presented itself as an immediate problem. Is it possible that they broke it while removing it? They can be pretty fragile especially if they're old. Also, what part shattered? Friction pads, the basket itself, the metal pressure plates, the springs, etc?
Just the friction pads shattered

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm rather confused by this question.
1) Not all states require a license to work as a mechanic
2) IF having a "license" is a big deal to you, why did you go to an unlicensed shop?
3) What exactly are you hoping to "do about it"? I assume "it" is their license status

It sounds like there is a lot more to this story than is being told... that said:

Like StanS3 said, drop the pan and see what debris there are. Change the oil & filter then ride it for ~100mi, change oil and filter again and make sure to check for any debris.
all truth told here I wouldn’t lie when trying to get my stuff fixed I’m trying to do it right. We are adults here Cmon… Anyways, I will do like you said and I acknowledged but tbh I think they dynotuned my bike wrong and turned the fuel:air ratio to a wonky setting to make it malfunction.

~>If they did do that. What should I do<~

·
Registered
723 Posts
Use tuneecu to load a factory map.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Why did they dyno tune it? Were there power adders done to the bike to necessitate a tune? Does the bike currently run the same as it did when you got it? TuneECU is not my forte, when I did my exhaust I just took it to the local triumph dealer and had them put the Arrow map on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts