Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, New to the forums, but I have been riding my 2010 Daytona since new.

Unfortunately my header pipe is toast. I have had it welded twice, but it just keeps cracking. I've been trying to find a quality local (in AUS) aftermarket replacement all morning with absolutely no luck. Does anyone have a good lead on anyone who makes / stocks headers for this bike?

· Super Moderator
3,997 Posts
You wont find a distributor in Aus.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I saw their web site also, I was a little bit confused by the different spelling. Delkevic Vs Delkavic.

I did notice that the system is a cat delete, and also deletes the exhaust valve on the stock system. Anyone know if this might cause the ECU to throw codes?

Maybe I could just use the headers from this system and retain the stock mid-pipe, but I would need to see if they will work together.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I spoke to a bloke from Delkevic AUS yesterday. He told me he has just received a shipment of headers for the Daytona. He had no idea what he was going to be charging for them yet, and I'm unclear if they are the same system as listed on UKRaceSupport.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I'm a little nervous about the valve delete. I don't have any experience flashing ECUs, and looking at the tuneECU web page just fills me with dread. I stumbled across this thing listed on eBay while googling around for reassurance. Servo Buddy Exhaust Servo Eliminator Triumph Daytona 675 | eBay. It costs about twice as much as a tuneECU and I'm dubious about it's effectiveness.

· Registered
931 Posts
The servo buddy works plug and play. I'd be more concerned about the bike running lean without the cat. Ideally you want a PCV and a dyno tune to sort it out.
This, and a louder bike if you live in an area with strict noise ordinances.

· Registered
556 Posts
PCV = Power Commander V, a piggyback ECU.

If your dyno guy knows TuneECU, you don’t need a PCV.

However, not every tuner knows how to use or wants to learn how to use TuneECU. Almost everyone can work with a PCV.

Talk to your shop(s) to see what your options are.

Additional note - TuneECU is software that runs on an Android system. It has many other uses aside from editing/swapping fuel maps - reading & reseting error codes, testing components, etc.

· Super Moderator
3,997 Posts
No, the Street Triple is not the same.

A PCV is a piggyback fuel injection tuning device. It allows for fuel adjustments and plugs inline.
Expect o pay about a AUD$1,000 all up for a PCV and custom dyno tune.

· Super Moderator
3,997 Posts
On my registration papers my 2010 675 street triple is registered as Daytona so why should the exhaust headers be different.
You mean besides the fact that the DOT are morons?
The flange that connects to the mid-pipe is the opposite. One's a female connection the other is a male. The Street Triple are also a longer header, meaning less power.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts