Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
yesterday i took my bike out for a quick 20 mile ride to get the feel of it all again. loved it. 54 degrees and awesome feeling to only have the lighter gloves, helmet, boots, and leather on.

today? 18 degrees and bitter. you have to be kidding me. back in the 4runner.

hell- last night while i had the bbq firing up it rained hard for about 5 minutes. Bethany looked at me and asked if we should cancel cooking outside after a minute of the rain hitting. glad i did not. the burgers were so damn good...

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Man that was awesome.. All my co workers are looking at me wierd since I am now grinning from ear to ear! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Love the older style F1s, with no wings, that was the heroic time. Loved the slight bump against the wall, too, a modern F1 would disintegrate if that happened :laugh:

·
MacGyver / BOTM / BOTY Winner
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Once you hear one in person it's orgasmic! I went to Indy a few years ago and it's amazing to see how fast and loud these cars are.
+1
For me, one of the most fascinating era's for the cars were the days when nearly all the teams designed and produced their own normally aspirated V-12's. (I know, ancient days! Official "O.G." here.) Yes, Ferarri was one of the most impressive sounding engines. But the most raucous, gutteral, metallic, raspy, nasty, sounds like it's ready to blow up was that light blue Matra V-12. Standing trackside at the Canadian GP in Montreal (before the circuit was revised) and absorbing the massive sound wave from the pack rocketing away from the start is still spine tingling! :excited:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.