Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I eat frozen peanut butter every day. I eat about 1 and a half 28 ounce jars a week on average. Its amazing, better than ice cream.

Recently however, I got a unnofficial girl friend who's a bit of a hippie (vegan, organics only, no tap water etc, etc) and she got me a like huge case of natural organic peanut butter. Awesome right?

Wrong. it separated, half freezes and is not as smooth. apparently peanut oil doesnt freeze so well.

Anyone out there know how to get the natural peanut butter to stay un-separated long enough to freeze? Or am I going to have to start swapping labels from her jars to skippy jars?

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Nah that is a big problem with organic. Here is what I use man. Its organic and tastes awesome and still freezes fine I guess I forgot to say if you stir I believe it will fix that problem. I do really freeze mine to much anymore cause I carry a jar with me to work hahaha.

http://shop.onceagainnutbutter.com/category.sc?categoryId=9

Also the tap water thing she does know filtered water or bottled water has been proven to be basically the samething right?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that one doesn't separate? why does it separate in the first place?

Also the main problem is I have lots of peanut butter that does separate and am looking for some tricks.

with regards to the tap water thing i'm not sure if its something she actually does. I'm a bad listener when her shirts on...:whistle:

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
that one doesn't separate? why does it separate in the first place?

Also the main problem is I have lots of peanut butter that does separate and am looking for some tricks.

with regards to the tap water thing i'm not sure if its something she actually does. I'm a bad listener when her shirts on...:whistle:
Well it is crunchy so I do not know if that helps or not. I like the little pieces of peanuts for some reason hhaha

and yeah I understand I """""dated"""" a vegan for a while and she always tried to get me away from meats and shit, but I love my steak, but man her body was kickin.(also by date I mean humped whenever available :whistle:)

I will ask my broinlaw if he knows of any tricks. He is a personal trainer and a health freak to and usually knows a bunch of random stuff.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah found that, the problem is it separates WHILE freezing. I hate room temp peanut butter. too sticky.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
try going to whole foods and grinding the peanutbutter yourself there.

i know what you mean, i go through peanutbutter like water. almost always have a spoonful while wandering around the house.

i buy the jar seperated stuff too, but i dont freeze mine. i may start though.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what is the oil even good for? what if i let it separate, pour out the oil then freeze it? will that be gross?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
i suppose if you pour the oil out....your peanut butter will become cement hard
the oil is in there to make it more spreadable and most likely the separated oil is natural peanut oil. so if you pour it out....it'll just be dry hard paste

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
If you were a better listener, her shirt wouldn't be on so often :biggrinjester:

And filtered water FTW :coolgleamA:

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
My problem is the opposite. We had organic that when put in the fridge would be really hard to spread. Wife just made some at a store that sells bulk and when takiing out of the fridge is not seperated and is spreadable.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I keep mine in the fridge (I found that frozen is a pain to scoop)...Still pliable, but much more solid.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts