Triumph 675 Forums banner
541 - 560 of 570 Posts
Last time I went. I saw a few track bikes there. But this wasn't towards beginning of season when they're out to impound.

Its still registered, I'll just throw insurance back on ($20 a month) and have the brake lights installed. Its a quick connect.

I'm near Owego/Endicott and yes....you'll want to get there this year.
I'm up in Norwich. I heard there's a lot of squids who hang around the airport road by BGM. Yeah?

Their rookie day for 6/20 is looking pretty good to me. Hate the idea of renting gear but it might be worthwhile... the wife will kill me if I blow a bunch more money right now. :coolgleamA:

I'm up in Norwich. I heard there's a lot of squids who hang around the airport road by BGM. Yeah?

Their rookie day for 6/20 is looking pretty good to me. Hate the idea of renting gear but it might be worthwhile... the wife will kill me if I blow a bunch more money right now. :coolgleamA:
I've never seen a lot of activity by the airport and it's one of my normal riding areas, but ya never know.

Email or call Victoria at NYST and ask her about gear for rookie days. I think the requirements are relaxed considerably as the speed factor is capped for those days. victoria@nyst.com

NYST is very laid back and has been willing to work with riders if you ask. I'd highly recommend doing some days there as you'll learn more in a day than in 2 years riding the street. Many people come away from track days with a lost interest in street riding for good reason.

When I went to Rookie day last season that's what they required. Also riding in novice they also require the same gear. Why would anyone want to wear any less gear? That's dumb.
Yes I was told the same thing but after talking to them seems they let novice riders slide a little.Gaunlet gloves,above your ankle boots and a jacket that can attach to you pants,
But don't trust me I'd call yourself.
My second time there I seen a at least one guy in textile and mesh.

I do agree with you on not wanting less gear.
If I didn't have gear,I would've rented.

BTW I may be interested in going with someone to rookie day.
I just can't commit until my son is born mid to end of May.So the June date is iffy but the later date should work.

When I went to Rookie day last season that's what they required. Also riding in novice they also require the same gear. Why would anyone want to wear any less gear? That's dumb.
OK, let me try this a different way.

I don't think anyone *wants* to wear less gear, but they may not own a full set of leathers, etc. They probably don't want or can't invest in that much not knowing if they're going to become a track addict or only want to go once or twice.

If you had called them ahead of time and discussed this with Greg or Victoria I think you'd have been told that they don't want to have gear get in the way of training and that if you had the basics...jacket, pants, gloves helmet and boots that you'd be good to go for the first trip.

I've been there more than a few times and have seen people riding in textile, leather, racing suits, you name it. Obviously, if you're riding there frequently or moving out of novice you'll have to wear the whole deal, but again...that's obvious.

My third trip I got fitted by Todd @ Heroic for the whole deal. Money well spent. Sold my fancy, pretty S1000RR and bought a well worn track 675. I'm about to sell my other street bikes (I'll keep the Ural) as after riding a track, street no longer has the same appeal.

YMMV

Yes I was told the same thing but after talking to them seems they let novice riders slide a little.Gaunlet gloves,above your ankle boots and a jacket that can attach to you pants,
But don't trust me I'd call yourself.
My second time there I seen a at least one guy in textile and mesh.

I do agree with you on not wanting less gear.
If I didn't have gear,I would've rented.

BTW I may be interested in going with someone to rookie day.
I just can't commit until my son is born mid to end of May.So the June date is iffy but the later date should work.
Congrats and best wishes on the newcomer! Mine are nearly out of the house and it seems like it's been 1 year since they were born.

Oh well...more time to visit all the tracks all over this country and Canada!

I'm going to do a couple rookie days and will likely shoot some pics while there so let me know if you make it up along with your bike colors, etc. Maybe I'll get some of you.

Congrats and best wishes on the newcomer! Mine are nearly out of the house and it seems like it's been 1 year since they were born.

Oh well...more time to visit all the tracks all over this country and Canada!

I'm going to do a couple rookie days and will likely shoot some pics while there so let me know if you make it up along with your bike colors, etc. Maybe I'll get some of you.
Thanks and will do.

I know what you mean about the time flying,my oldest is about to finish undergraduate and is looking into CIA or immigration officer.
Doesn't seem that long ago,I was watching him take his first steps.

541 - 560 of 570 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.