Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well the winter project has finished and here are a few photographs over 65 hours were spent on the carbon and to be honest the photographs just dont show the bike at it's best the carbon has a copper weave through it to match the Rizoma but needs the sun to bring it out better. What I wanted was carbon a little different than the norm and who else to turn to for help but only the two carbon junkies Mr Bel and Dodge from Carbon4u the guy's had all the info i needed, many thanks guy's for all the late phone call's getting this sorted and for all the advice.
I am over the moon with the end product roll on the summer I cant wait.

Oh and one more thing please dont spoil my day with asking how much weight did you save,And saying Carbon is only for the track not interested (rant over thanks)

And a few more here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thegingerdaddy/sets/72157625773101717/

·
Registered
233 Posts
You've put a few quid into that bike. What are those mirrors like? Once you get out and ride it, I would be interested to see if they vibrate too much and if you can see past the elbows.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I never get bored of seeing this bike..... I'm thinking BOTY.......
Nice one mate,the pleasure was all mine...... top bloke and top bike...
One day i will get there with mine......

·
Registered
249 Posts
Tight!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You've put a few quid into that bike. What are those mirrors like? Once you get out and ride it, I would be interested to see if they vibrate too much and if you can see past the elbows.
mirrors work great for me you have to work that bit harder to see behind but I find that good dont get to lazy vibration is very very little.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Bike looks absolutely amazing man. Congrats.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Carbon is not really my thing, but you made it work really well by using the same weave on most of the parts. I also like the hollow Triumph logo on the tank. Very nicely done from a design viewpoint!

Is that aluminum sprocket going to last more than a few miles? It seems to have some agressive wear starting.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ummmm...it's different! Not a big fan of carbon either and I did open this thread up for a laugh but I have to say it doesn't look that bad.

I think going full carbon is a better look than sticking a couple of bits on here and there. Considering I'm not a carbon lover....that's as good as compliment from me! :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think it looks awesome! But i am a carbon whore and therefore somewhat biased.

I just ordered the same engine case cover set as that - how does it fit? ie. do i need to undo or do anything difficult? or is it just stick on -> tape down -> admire?

·
Banned
941 Posts
Beautiful! Bike of the Month/Year candidate for sure.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Holy Carbon fiber!!! :nod:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I hope not we just put a new chain and new rear sprocket on 5 min before we took the photo's.
I'd double check that it is aligned, was hardened appropriately and is the right chain size. Wear like that (in 5 minutes) is why I stick with well lubed steel sprockets.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts