Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Just wondering where or if there are any good Bike shops with alot of gear to try on I.e Held gloves some good leather jackets etc. I've been around Richmond the Commonwealth power sports is big, but not much gear other than chaps and such...

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
Very few motorcycle dealers stock much in the way of gear, it takes up too much inventory dollars and space, and they generally can't begin to compete with the internet stores for variety or price. I have the same problem, so once a year I take a weekend vacation trip to a larger city that has a good gear shop, in my case to Dallas (Motoliberty and Cycle Gear stores).
I used to go to the Indy dealer expo every year, that was a good chance to check out the new garb. I have surmised that the average dealership gets stuck in a "rut" as far as gear. They pick up on a few brands and styles and stay in that same mindset for years and years. It's usually the mainstream stuff that has quick label recognition, regardless of quality.
The folks that advertise on this forum have a very good selection of high-quality gear that few moto dealers carry, check out their websites or give them a ring. One thing to be aware of, the really nice gear is much more dialed to sizing, so give the vendor a call before ordering to get help with fit.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Cycle Gear stores are about the only ones I've ever seen that carry a considerable inventory. Otherwise, most online/catalog companies have a pretty good return policy and will generally take things back if the don't fit or you want to exchange or return it for a valid reason. I've never had a problem.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Cycle Gear stores are about the only ones I've ever seen that carry a considerable inventory. Otherwise, most online/catalog companies have a pretty good return policy and will generally take things back if the don't fit or you want to exchange or return it for a valid reason. I've never had a problem.
Really the one here over in Kansas sucks. It has hardly anything, but I imagine its because Kansas is a choice state so they probably only sell cheap helmets for when people ride into Missouri.

I am starting to order from sportbiketrackgear.com they are some good guys and seem to be honest people.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Yeah, they have (or at least it was there the last time I was there) a store in Boise. I was surprised by how much stuff they actually had in stock. Jackets, pants, helmets etc... But I've never bought anything from them. I've stuck with the normal places, Motosport, Competition Accessories, Sportbiketrackgear, etc... Seems to be about the best way to do it really.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Yeah and I have been thinking about ordering from revzilla. They seem like a good place. I like how they will do the first ship back if you need a different size in something since I am always questioning myself when I do order stuff haha.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know it is not on your side of the country, but the only place that I know of is Chaparrals Motorsports in San Bernardino CA. They are also a online store but the brick and mortar store is huge. Mucho stuff to look at and try on.

nb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts