Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm planning a possible trip out to Indianapolis in August of 2011 for the RedBull MotoGP event. I was recently in Indy while driving back to NJ with a friend from Minnesota, and we had a heck of a time staying overnight in Indy (thanks in large part to our discovery of Brad's Brass Flamingo). Our cab driver on the way back to the hotel after a night of epic partying told us we should definitely come out for MotoGP after he heard my friend and I were riders. He said the city is nuts when there's a race in town. So my question is, how is everything out there for MotoGP, or a race weekend in general? It seems like a great city to visit, and even though I was only there for one night, I already want to go back.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
I work the event every year as a recovery rider (MotoTaxi)... I'm stationed between turns 10 and 16 on the inside of the track...

The entire weekend is filled with events and the downtown area is a blast. They close down a major portion of downtown around the circle and have it all reserved for bike parking.

They also hold an AMA flat track race at the fairgrounds that weekend - Nicky Hayden always makes an appearance there, and this year they had an EnduroCross event too.

It's a great weekend to be in Indianapolis if you love motorcycles...

·
Registered
121 Posts
MotoGP Indianapolis Accommodation

Need help with accommodation..

Hey guys, as the title says, I'm going to the Moto GP Indy and want to know ideas for accommodation.

I'm living in Australia and taking a trip out to USA and first stop is Moto GP and I need a place to sleep.

Looking at pictures on the internet can be quite different to real life, so any help i can get will greatly be appreciated...

The sooner I find a place to stay the better cause i'm guessing many places will sell out?

Cheers,

Goosh

·
Registered
121 Posts
well i guess not many people read this part of the forum,

or no one is interested in Moto GP..

ah well, i'll figure something out

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think there is a group ride out to the races that weekend. There is a thread about it, I think rider's discount is organizing. I'd look to them for info

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Sorry, but I am no help at all. Living in the area means that I never stay in the hotels in Indy...

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
I'm bummed about this.

I am going to be here in Indiana during the Cali GP, and in Cali during the Indy GP....

Bummer.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Might go depending on how things turn out. Always wanted to go to one of these and never had the chance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts