Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Race Team Sponsor
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been wanted to do a MMP weekend trackday for the last 3 years and some excuse always f***s it up.

This is the year of MMP!

Keigwins @ the Track is there 6/11-12 running the full 4.5 mile track in a 2 x 30 minute group format.

http://www.keigwin.com/events_schedule.php

I've got full domestic clearance and god dammit . . . . I'm going this year!

Anyone else going?

1. Handi-grp A/both days/interested in garage
2. 07D675 +1-? grp/? both days/? garage
3. flyin_gnome-? grp/? both days/? garage
4. Bergs-grp A?/both days/? garage

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
I will be there!! :thumbup:

(in spirit)

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
:notamused:
Hey, I'd love to go.. But you guys are all the way on the other side of the country Paul! I will make it out there with you all some time in the future, that is a definite.

Sorry!

2 Free thread bumps! :whistle:

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
Hey, I'd love to go.. But you guys are all the way on the other side of the country Paul! I will make it out there with you all some time in the future, that is a definite.

Sorry!

2 Free thread bumps! :whistle:
You're 2000 miles away, I'm still 1000. I'll still have to fly either to LA or SLC. Just saying, it's not impossible for you...

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
You're 2000 miles away, I'm still 1000. I'll still have to fly either to LA or SLC. Just saying, it's not impossible for you...
Indeed, money wise its an issue this season.. I am running on fumes. But yes, you have a point, definitely not impossible.

I'll look into it.. (hopefully the gf never sees this thread...:rofl:)

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
It's with Keigwins...

Remember Paul..this was the trackday where they made you stop on the track for the red flag and you almost got ass-packed.
AFAIK they changed their policy, red flags at Infineon meant the usual pit-out.

And for the record, it was ME who almost did the ass-packing!

·
Registered
6,602 Posts

Really?!? Hmm...maybe I should consider it now...

As for you almost doing the ass-packing...:whistle:

·
Registered
577 Posts
It's with Keigwins...

Remember Paul..this was the trackday where they made you stop on the track for the red flag and you almost got ass-packed.
:eek: Are you serious? I have never been to a track where a red flag (or any flag for that matter) was "stop on track" That's just a accident waiting to happen. :pout:

·
Race Team Sponsor
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

LOL! There policy is pretty similar to many providers, depends on the track. Your not suppose to slam on the brakes! :thumbup:

Signal with your arm up and slow to a stop in a safe part of the track . . . that way the ambulance can come to your aid ASAFP!

·
Race Team Sponsor
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:eek: Are you serious? I have never been to a track where a red flag (or any flag for that matter) was "stop on track" That's just a accident waiting to happen. :pout:
They do it all the time at the AFM races if the ambulance has to roll.

I don't know about you, but on the full 4.5 mile course at MMP, I would not want to be the potential ride seriously injury with a collapsed lung gasping for air while they wait for the last bike to clear a 4.5 mile course:whistle:

·
Registered
553 Posts
i should be able to make it to one of those days. good stuff

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
Uhhhh OK so I take it back, sorry Matt. Not really sure how I feel about this track day. I guess I'm in...

On 1/18/11 3:32 PM, Paul McComsey wrote:
.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage p { padding: 0px; }.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage { font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma; } Hi, thinking about doing Miller in June with you guys. One question - do you still stop on the track for red flags?

Paul​
Hi Paul,
Yes we do. It is a west coast procedure, including the way racing organizations out here do it. In almost 15 years we've never had an incident because of it. (Frankly, I'm always surprised when I hear another company manages it differently. Why?)

Anyway, I'll explain this, and a lot more, during the morning riders meeting.

Cheers,
Lance.

·
Registered
553 Posts
so, keigwins red flag procedure is stop on track? both local organizations in apex and miller open days are hand up, slow down, exit track.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts