Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PR2's are still my favorite street tire, but I'm curious to know how much they could possibly be improved.

From what I understand, the slightly revised tread pattern, further improves wet traction. It is still a 2CT formula, just like PR2, but the new PR3s have a slightly narrower hard center compound and a wider soft side compound, so they last just as long and have more side grip.

I've probably got another 10-15K miles left before my current PR2's are due for a replacement :coolgleamA:, so...

Who's gonna give these a shot first?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
SWEEEEEEET! love the PR2's gonna have to try these on the next change out thx for the post. pic of real tire....... @ STG when you getting these in?

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
I could be wrong, but I'm guessing with all that siping, these will be relatively noisy tires, might even hear them over our engine, lol.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
^^ maybe but could go a PR3 out back and a PR2 up front if it annoys you

·
Registered
112 Posts
These look like horrible tyres for anything but track work?

·
Registered
251 Posts
These look like horrible tyres for anything but track work?
Nope.

These are the road tyres for touring, commuting, and having fun in between.

They look better at clearing water than the PR2s, and I've never had a complaint about those although I ride in the rain a lot.

Rob

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I actually like the look of the tire. Although I don't buy tires based on how they look. I love my PR2's and also interested in how they can make that tire better. Stam, let us know how your dad likes them. Is he an aggressive rider or just a commuter. I'd imagine with a FZ1 he tears it up sometimes. :whistle:

Someone get these and do a ride report...

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Nope.

These are the road tyres for touring, commuting, and having fun in between.

They look better at clearing water than the PR2s, and I've never had a complaint about those although I ride in the rain a lot.

Rob
Yeah, these PR3's should be awesome for wet traction. I just installed a set of PR2's about a month ago, but due to bad/extreme cold have not been able to ride.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I found a nail in my rear PR2 so I might jump on the PR3 when I can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts