Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PR2's are still my favorite street tire, but I'm curious to know how much they could possibly be improved.

From what I understand, the slightly revised tread pattern, further improves wet traction. It is still a 2CT formula, just like PR2, but the new PR3s have a slightly narrower hard center compound and a wider soft side compound, so they last just as long and have more side grip.

I've probably got another 10-15K miles left before my current PR2's are due for a replacement :coolgleamA:, so...

Who's gonna give these a shot first?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
SWEEEEEEET! love the PR2's gonna have to try these on the next change out thx for the post. pic of real tire....... @ STG when you getting these in?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
^^ maybe but could go a PR3 out back and a PR2 up front if it annoys you

·
Registered
112 Posts
These look like horrible tyres for anything but track work?

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I actually like the look of the tire. Although I don't buy tires based on how they look. I love my PR2's and also interested in how they can make that tire better. Stam, let us know how your dad likes them. Is he an aggressive rider or just a commuter. I'd imagine with a FZ1 he tears it up sometimes. :whistle:

Someone get these and do a ride report...

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Nope.

These are the road tyres for touring, commuting, and having fun in between.

They look better at clearing water than the PR2s, and I've never had a complaint about those although I ride in the rain a lot.

Rob
Yeah, these PR3's should be awesome for wet traction. I just installed a set of PR2's about a month ago, but due to bad/extreme cold have not been able to ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.