Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to see how they looked in matt black, with the outer rim left unpainted. Figure the covering will be a bit delicate, so will treat them gently.. Scrubbed it with steel wool and gave a bunch of coats.. So will see..

I think it looks pretty great compared to stock..

Figure I'll be replacing the back sprocket after this europe trip anyhow, so if it starts looking too daggy/scruffy then no big deal. Or I just respray it. *shrug*

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Great Job

Great idea. I am sure it will look great. Options are endless and reversible. How did you mask a perfect circle?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great idea. I am sure it will look great. Options are endless and reversible. How did you mask a perfect circle?
Magic :grin:

Naah, just masked in lots of small bits of tape along the top surface of the sprocket, then just lifted them slightly to make sure the paint would get in there.. If you look at your sprocket closely you'll see what I mean by top surface. God knows how you'd do it without that as a natural place to border it..

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I love the sprocket. I painted the tip of my muffler with bbq grill paint and it is holding up well. Might I recommend drilling the 1.25" hole in the back plate of the stock muffler. It sounds great and picks up the bottom end a bit too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I love the sprocket. I painted the tip of my muffler with bbq grill paint and it is holding up well. Might I recommend drilling the 1.25" hole in the back plate of the stock muffler. It sounds great and picks up the bottom end a bit too.
Got the link for this drilling?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey hey..
yep, still bumming around europe on the bike. Will have to give the bike a good clean and see how it is going. Sprocket looks like it is going ok still except for right near the edges of the bolts.

If I could make an improvement: it would be to mask out around the bolt holes as putting the sprocket bolts back on chipped the paint a bit. So keep that in mind if you're going to give this a go. Maybe sit some coins over the holes or get creative with some masking tape.

muffler end cap: covered in mud and shite at the moment (poor bike is filthy), so dunno what state it is in until I give it a good clean. :nod:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts