Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to open my own topic cause i'm so happy with it :)

This is how i bought it in February last year (2010):

Didn't care much for the colour, bagagething or tires. (But got a nice deal, so what the hell)

So I went to work, first found a painter:

Matt Khaki Green from the Speed Triple LE

Then I changed it a bit more:
- custom R6 Arrow low exhaust
- New set of Micheling Pilot Pure
- Chopped the licenseplate holder to bits.
- got a new taillight with sequential turningsignals
- Daytona 675 shock

Then i used it the season and loved every minute on it, but i got doubts about the exhaust, it sounded great, but I like the underseat pipes more then the low-ones. So I started searching this forum, came across the exhaust thread and I wanted a set of Zard slip-ons like i had before on my previous bike. But then I came acrosse Terzius his bike with the shortened Twobros, wow they looked good. So after a bit of saving i ordered them.

(also added the flyscreen and visor for a bit more wind protection when I go to Germany for the weekend)

And finally as a winterbrake, i got a couple of parts powdercoated and went a bit Rizoma crazy on the front
- Fat bar, black
- Black 42mm risers
- Black bar-end weights (backorder)
- Black Reverse Retro mirrors. (backorder).
- Fake pazzo levers from ebay (cost a lot less and look just as well)
- Triumph Gelseat

Oh yeah, I also found a nice Italian ebay seller with some sweet wheelstriping:

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Sweet bike! Love the paint scheme.

·
Registered
712 Posts
i was never a fan of these bikes. for some reason didnt look right to me. but the more and more time i spend around here there really really starting to grow on me. nice bike, love the color.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Good on ya. I have seen your bike kinda strewn about the forum. Nice to be able to see it all in one place. Love it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Point me in the right direction for the rim striping. That's pretty badass.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Well done... Beautiful bike!

And that Matte Khaki Green is even better in person! I've seen it on both the Speed Triple and the Scrambler and I don't think pictures can truly capture how awesome it is. :cool2:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
862 Posts
One of the best looking STR I've seen, nice job. Great color.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sweet bike dude! When I saw the tank and other bits painted on that table I thought 'oh dear'. Seeing it on the bike though - I love it! I think it's one of the nicest looking STR's I've seen.

Well done :)

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
If you trust me and willing to pay the extra shipping, you can ship them to my address and I'll ship it to you.
Hmm....I'll think about that. How much do you think the shipping would be? postal code 83333 just for shits and giggles. You have a paypal account I assume?

Is that stuff reflective as well?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well just for shits and giggles, about $4 or $5.

0 - 20 gram € 0,95
120 - 50 gram € 1,90
150 - 100 gram € 2,85
100 - 250 gram € 5,70
250 - 500 gram € 10,45
500 - 2000 gram € 16,15

Dont know the exact weight.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Well just for shits and giggles, about $4 or $5.

0 - 20 gram € 0,95
120 - 50 gram € 1,90
150 - 100 gram € 2,85
100 - 250 gram € 5,70
250 - 500 gram € 10,45
500 - 2000 gram € 16,15

Dont know the exact weight.
Gotcha, I'll let you know. Broke as a joke right now and just started into this whole divorce mess. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks.

I've always been allergic to chrome, so this made it look a lot better in my eyes.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Getting rid of the nasty chrome headlamp bowls has got to be one of the best mods for this bike!
Not so sure I'd describe it as "Nasty", but yeah I agree, it can make a dramatic difference.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Agreed. "Nasty" shouldn't describe anything on a Triumph! The bug-eye lamps don't suit everyone's taste, and that's perfectly fine. Personally, I love them! The twin headlight bowls are another unique characteristic of these bikes and many times are the subject of the confusion between Speed Triples and Street Triples.

I'm not a huge fan of shiny chrome myself, but I left the trim rings of my headlights intact while having the bowls powdercoated matte black. It provides a nice contrast and I think it really makes the headlights "pop" without being over-the-top bling. I'm sure I'm not the first to do this, but I don't think I've seen any pictures on here.

Where's my camera?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts