Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed LSL footpegs today which come with a base bracket that screws to the peg. The stock footpeg springs don't fit the LSL, but there were no springs in the LSL kit, not any instruction sheet or diagram.

So I thought oh well, maybe that's how it's supposed to be. Wrong... I went for a ride ride and many times when I started from a stop and lifted my boots off the ground to put them the pegs, I brushed the peg with the boot and folded it up! Each time I had to pull over to the side of the road so I could reach my hand down and fold it back down.

What's the solution for this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To clarify, the stock footpeg base piece is cutout in the middle to hold the spring. The LSL base price is solid aluminum (no cutout), so there is no room for a spring.

I called Speigler, LSL's USA distributor. There confirmed LSLs don't come with new springs, said the stock springs were supposed to be reused, and they hadn't heard of any problems before from buyers. So basically they couldn't help me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still have the stock springs, they just don't fit the LSLs due to the LSLs not having the hollow cutout that the stock spring coil would go. Do your LSL pegs have that cutout like the stock pegs (wondering if LSL changed the design of yours vs. mine)?

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
I still have the stock springs, they just don't fit the LSLs due to the LSLs not having the hollow cutout that the stock spring coil would go. Do your LSL pegs have that cutout like the stock pegs (wondering if LSL changed the design of yours vs. mine)?
I should have a spare peg at home and I can snap a picture for you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On SportbikeTrackGear.com LSL's web page, I see pictures of hollowed out brackets (U shape) to hold the stock spring. Mine are solid, so they must have sent the wrong part or somthing. Trying to sort this out now with SportbikeTrackGear.com, but they don't have any in stock to look at.

Oops I see now this was posted in performance mods rather then the Modifications section.... I don't know how to move it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did get the adapters (what I've been calling the base bracket). They are solid with no cutout.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SBTG called me today, they discovered they had the wrong part number on their web site; they had the passenger peg brackets part number listed on the page for rider brackets. The correct number is Z115-T13 for rider brackets. I just checked and they fixed their website.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts