Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what are my options to slightly lower my seat height? I have been looking for a seat that is very low in profile with some cushioning for an easy snap on height help.

I am 6 foot, and not the comfiest when backing her up. I don't like tip toeing it...rather be flatfooted.

I wouldn't want to change the suspension geometry or anything...So I figured a seat would work the best. I would love to be an inch lower...don't know if it is possible. I do have stock seat and gel seat, was also thinking of tearing apart the stock seat and shaving the padding, but don't know how well I would be stapling the cover back on...haha.

Thanks for reading and any help someone can throw my way!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Its pretty simple. Remove the seat cover, start shaving (I used a simple box cutter blade), staple cover back on or buy your own vinyl if it doesn't fit. It can be a bitch to figure out how to put the cover on but if you take your time it will turn out fine.

Or you could go extreme and remove the foam completely and buy your own and shape the seat how you want. I did something to that effect. But I wouldnt do that w/o trying to simply shape the foam that's already there first.

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49045&highlight=superbike+seat

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea...I just saw they made a low gel....damnit haha. I chopped my stocker down, smoothing it out. I have some foam coming as well, so I can have 1/2 inch of foam seat as well as my gel seat.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Old thread but in the process of shaving mine down... I've noticed that the vinyl is no longer tight against the seat since it's a smaller profile... What's the best way to resolve this? I've never worked with fabric so would I use some type of 3m contact cement and spray it on the seat, then pull the vinyl over it and then staple it at the bottom?

Thanks,
-Nigel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts