Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 5ft7 (28.5" inseam) and 80kg (176lbs), and have trouble with the setup of my stock 675.
1 Find ride height very high when riding (feels unstable and doesn't like to lean into bends) and once stopped (balancing on toes!)
2 Cannot find any stats on what suspension settings should be for a guy of my height/weight for street riding!

Any ideas on successful lowering that won't baffle a non mechanically minded man such as myself? (Are the lowering links etc the way forward?)

Also, never messed with suspension settings before, read all the links here but nobody has laid out easy settings for weight vs clicks that I can find. Anybody know what the settings should be for a person of my weight? (please bear in mind I'm not that mechanically minded but can tinker with setting clicks etc if explained) Also bear in mind that I live in Ireland and there are no dealers that I have found who will do this for me, so it is something I will have to tackle myself........so all help very much appreciated.

·
BOTM & BOTY Winner
1,563 Posts
Lowering links, or the lowering plates I'm doing will help. I'm doing another batch of my linkage plates, although I do actually have one set of 20mm lowering plates here which are unclaimed. PM me for details. Now, by 20mm lowering, that's measured from the rear axle to the ducktail directly above, which means around about 12mm (1/2") lower from the seat to the ground. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm 5ft 6 I know how you feel I just installed a lowering link that I bought off ebay. That allowed me to lower the back of the bike by 1 inch and I dropped the front an inch as well by losening the head stock unit, It was pretty easy and I'm very happy with the way it runs...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts