Triumph 675 Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Race Team Sponsor & Beer Pongaholic
3,286 Posts
Just replaced my battery with an 8 cell. I have an 06 Daytona and I had to drill out my terminal leads to accommodate the larger battery bolts. I also had to cut into the under side of my seat in 2 places to accommodate the taller battery. Kinda a pain to go through the work just to install a battery but it was worth it I think. Battery seems to be strong and bike turns over great.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
That's entirely up to you! I just see it as, since this type of battery is used to reduce weight, you would try to reduce as much weight as possible, yeah?
I've had a few mornings where my 8 cell wouldn't start my race bike. And this is with zero lights/assecories. Batteries do not like the cold.

Also, you don't want to run the Triumph with low voltage. Injectors and Ignition will not perform well, causing a lack of power and other issues. Waynee from power Tripp was telling me about race bikes loosing power with small batteries.

I did originally try a four cell on my race bike. Barely started it, and when it ran, it wasn't that good.

Also note that a quick release is nice for the lithium batteries. Makes it easy to bring the battery in doors, adding a little extra security and keeping it up to temperature.

·
Registered
224 Posts
No way, 8cell will start my 675 every time with ease, same goes for everyone else around here!
On Two occasions mine 8 cell ebay lithium would not start both times freezing conditions
Fist time Armidale middle of winter Probally -5 degrees Celsius left it out all night in the cold, but half hour in the sun it started
One other time i bump started it again freezing conditions

Had this battery in my bike 18 months and love it but if you live in a cold country and leave your bike out in the cold all night get the 12 cell

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've had a few mornings where my 8 cell wouldn't start my race bike. And this is with zero lights/assecories. Batteries do not like the cold.

-snip-

Also note that a quick release is nice for the lithium batteries. Makes it easy to bring the battery in doors, adding a little extra security and keeping it up to temperature.
I ran into this earlier this year. If it was cooler than about 50* out and the bike hadn't run yet, I had to jump it off to get it running. Royal pain.

Nice to know about the quick release too. I plan on getting one of these in the coming weeks.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts