Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a house in Granite Bay, CA about 2 months ago. It was listed as a short sale. Having had bad luck with a short sale in the past, we weren't too optimistic. So we made an offer....and yesterday they called and told me that they had accepted the offer!!!! It's a 4 bed 3.5 bath....with a complete in-law apartment in the back. Perfect since my brother-in-law lives with us. The apartment is probably 7-800sqft by itself. I'm stoked!!!! Huge house, 2 garages....one is a 2 car garage, the other is a small 1 car. Looks like we are scheduled to move at the end of March....so time to start packing!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Awesome! :bowdown:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's kinda funny actually....there's a total of 3 garage spaces...on 2 garages. The 1 car garage, is listed as a "golf cart garage". When the nearest golf course is 4 miles away?! It's perfect for the little Austin Healey, and bike storage! I'm stoked!! House warming party sometime in May probably....want to wait till it's a bit warmer outside....and moved in completely. Even though this is our 5th house, I'm all giddy with excitement!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
It's normal to get excited if it's such a good house :thumbup:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After lots of ifs and buts....and almost being charged with mortgage fraud....we pulled out. There was a mortgage insurance lien on the house that we had agreed to pay. Well, after a bit of scrutinizing by our bank....come to find out....it should never have been listed under the current terms. So we started looking at other houses.....when the seller's bank found out that we wanted to pull out....all of a sudden, shit got in high gear. They restructured the loan....got rid of the loan payoff....and we got an evern better deal. In the end, it'll save me $40K :thumbup::biggrinjester: So I am jumping in joy!!!!! Closing date was moved up....we are now scheduled to close on 4/22. So let's hope it all works out.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
After lots of ifs and buts....and almost being charged with mortgage fraud....we pulled out. There was a mortgage insurance lien on the house that we had agreed to pay. Well, after a bit of scrutinizing by our bank....come to find out....it should never have been listed under the current terms. So we started looking at other houses.....when the seller's bank found out that we wanted to pull out....all of a sudden, shit got in high gear. They restructured the loan....got rid of the loan payoff....and we got an evern better deal. In the end, it'll save me $40K :thumbup::biggrinjester: So I am jumping in joy!!!!! Closing date was moved up....we are now scheduled to close on 4/22. So let's hope it all works out.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
When we were looking for house in Elk Grove we found one that had the extra quarters but they wanted a cash only deal and the extra quarters were not permitted. We ended up finding a 4 Bed plus bonus room, 2 bath, 2 car garage house for $195. We have had a hell of a time closing on our house. we will close at about the 2 month mark after making an offer. It's not even a short sale. Guess the lender we are dealing with didn't have their crap together.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts