Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2016 street triple RX. I recently got an accident where I damaged my bar and I was looking to see if anyone had done a swap Clip on. because most of the threads I'm seeing are for old older street triples. Most of the links that I find don't work. I was just wondering if anyone knew what would be best. Liek going to the Daytona triple tree or going with woodcraft or the Apex.
I'd love some help

·
Registered
670 Posts
You don't NEED to replace the top triple. Just grab some 50mm clipons and have at it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is there a brand that is preferred
And what dose the 50 mill represent?
You can’t go wrong with any of the reputable brands really. Woodcraft makes a set that opens up completely to make installs easier. I have Vortex on my track bike just cuz it’s easier to find spares that way. Evol Technology and Renthal are pricier options that all achieve similar results.

50mm is the width that of your fork top that will accommodate the clip on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can’t go wrong with any of the reputable brands really. Woodcraft makes a set that opens up completely to make installs easier. I have Vortex on my track bike just cuz it’s easier to find spares that way. Evol Technology and Renthal are pricier options that all achieve similar results.

50mm is the width that of your fork top that will accommodate the clip on.

One last question is there anything else I need to look at. Becuse I'd like to use the stock throttle kill switch and stuff.as it my first time properly modifying my bike.also I heard skme people like apex gp is there specific one ?and what there Clarence issues

·
Registered
105 Posts
One last question is there anything else I need to look at. Becuse I'd like to use the stock throttle kill switch and stuff.as it my first time properly modifying my bike
I’ve never done what you’re attempting so I can’t say for sure. I can say that clip ons usually come with a “longer” bar option so anything that fits on your stock bars should fit on the clip ons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve never done what you’re attempting so I can’t say for sure. I can say that clip ons usually come with a “longer” bar option so anything that fits on your stock bars should fit on the clip ons.

Ok then

·
Registered
670 Posts
All the controls that are on you bars will also fit on the clipons. You will have to drill a locator hole on each side. One for the kill switch on the right side, and one for the turn signal switch on the left side. Your biggest concern will be potentially too long clutch and throttle cables.

Reactions: NewYork

·
Registered
723 Posts
Would like to know what you go with. You might consider some with a slight rise since normal clip-ons put you in a very aggressive riding position.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts