Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have serious security in my garage, and good insurance. But want to be able to use my bike and park it up and go to the gym or shopping etc.
Can you please recommend the best lightweight chain and padlock or similar? I ve seen the onguard stuff and it looks ok but I dont want a paper tiger protecting my bike.
I have seen a 16 mm 1.5m chain that is the ultimate but is that really portable?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know you cant stop the very professional engineer type thief but I want to make it VERY HARD to take my bike. I am not going to let some scum just break steering lock and away. or pick up and put in back of van with disc lock on it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I know you cant stop the very professional engineer type thief but I want to make it VERY HARD to take my bike. I am not going to let some scum just break steering lock and away. or pick up and put in back of van with disc lock on it.
:hmm:
Put a sign on it that says:
Bait Motorcycle -- Smile for the camera
equipped with visual tracking system </small font>

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An update bought a 1.5 metre 16mm chain to carry on the bike in a tail pack. I know this may seem over the top to our american cousins but if it means I keep my bike it will be worth it.
I will see if it becomes too much fuss but at the moment I am feeling very paranoid.

But just because your paranoid, doesnt mean they arent out to get you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.