Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Ok so here's the set up, I currently have the 675 license plate bracket from BC that mounts between the passenger pegs, the problem is I just moved to Germany and upon taking my bike to get inspected for tags they're telling me the plates aren't visible enough...so now I'm stuck looking for some type of bracket but the only ones I can find for sale are one's that supposedly only work with the stock exhaust. Does anyone know where I can find one that will work with aftermarket exhaust?

BTW, I know there are other threads on the topic but most of the ones I found when searching were older ones and most of the pics and links were gone or inop.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim

·
MacGyver / BOTM / BOTY Winner
1,253 Posts
Yeah, twj, what pipe do you have? Knowing that, there's bound to be something you can purchase to fit.

If not, are you skilled with common tools? Can you fabricate a simple bracket from steel or aluminum? This forum contains about 187 different versions of home-made license plate brackets that function well. I'm sure each of us would gladly post a photo of our work to give you some ideas.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
yep, with a simple piece of aluminum bar stock you can bend it, drill it and mount it to the aftermarket pipe hanger and plate so it will be more visible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[/quote]If not, are you skilled with common tools? Can you fabricate a simple bracket from steel or aluminum? This forum contains about 187 different versions of home-made license plate brackets that function well. I'm sure each of us would gladly post a photo of our work to give you some ideas.[/quote]

I could probably manage if I had something to go off of, right now though I'm kinda limited on tools and shop space till my stuff get's here from the states. I was kinda just hoping to find one for sale somewhere to save the headache till i can get something I like. :noclue:

·
Registered
957 Posts
the jardine uses one. contact them they will prob sell you just the bracket. or find someone on here that didnt use their bracket when they got the pipe.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Jardines work well, buddy of mine has one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, I ordered one from evotech today, I'll let you guys know how it works out! :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts