Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want anyway.

Personally, been in Law enforcement for about 5 years now. Love it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ive been in law enforcement for 3 years and was recently laid off. We have a governor in NJ that feels that public safety is less important that making it seem like the taxpayers are saving money. Cities like Newark, Camden, and Jersey City are facing massive layoffs of their police force because of this. Newark laid off 167 officers and has already called in the National Guard because violent crime skyrocketed. Camden, voted the most dangerous city in the US, issued layoff notices to half of their police force. Jersey City issued 82 layoff notices to their officers.

So our governor wants to make the taxpayer think they are saving money but while they save a few dollars here and there, their property value plummets because crime is running rampant. Sorry, bit of a rant there.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been in law enforcement for 3 years and was recently laid off. We have a governor in NJ that feels that public safety is less important that making it seem like the taxpayers are saving money. Cities like Newark, Camden, and Jersey City are facing massive layoffs of their police force because of this. Newark laid off 167 officers and has already called in the National Guard because violent crime skyrocketed. Camden, voted the most dangerous city in the US, issued layoff notices to half of their police force. Jersey City issued 82 layoff notices to their officers.

So our governor wants to make the taxpayer think they are saving money but while they save a few dollars here and there, their property value plummets because crime is running rampant. Sorry, bit of a rant there.
That is ridiculous and I am sorry to hear that. Good luck and I am sure you'll land on your feet. :thumbup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks doublen, hopefully it works out ok. It really sucks to go through all the training and hard work, then be told that your getting laid off for no reason other than politics.

As far as where I worked, I try not to say on a public forum, but it was Central Jersey.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks doublen, hopefully it works out ok. It really sucks to go through all the training and hard work, then be told that your getting laid off for no reason other than politics.

As far as where I worked, I try not to say on a public forum, but it was Central Jersey.
Friggin' idiots don't realize they are cutting money where it shouldn't be cut. And I don't say that just because I am a cop, but because it just makes sense. When times are down and the economy is shit then crime is up.

·
Registered
780 Posts
3 yrs here as well......Stag I hope you find work soon. The economy is hitting alot of depts hard. We haven't gotten a pay raise for the last 2 yrs and took 40 hours of furlough this past year. It looks like no raise again for 2011 and maybe even 80 hours of furlough. All of the DC metro area depts are low on man power and low on cash while crime just goes up. Like you said the people in charge don't want to pay us, and in your case make cut backs and they still somehow think that they are going to recieve the same level and quality of police service. I could go on for hours too! The future of this country worries me. I'm engaged to be married this year and looking to buy a house and start a family, however with the uncertainty in the job market I really am afraid to make any major finacial moves. Sure would hate to buy my first house and then loose my job or take a major pay cut.

·
Registered
273 Posts
3 yrs here as well......Stag I hope you find work soon. The economy is hitting alot of depts hard. We haven't gotten a pay raise for the last 2 yrs and took 40 hours of furlough this past year. It looks like no raise again for 2011 and maybe even 80 hours of furlough. All of the DC metro area depts are low on man power and low on cash while crime just goes up. Like you said the people in charge don't want to pay us, and in your case make cut backs and they still somehow think that they are going to recieve the same level and quality of police service. I could go on for hours too! The future of this country worries me. I'm engaged to be married this year and looking to buy a house and start a family, however with the uncertainty in the job market I really am afraid to make any major finacial moves. Sure would hate to buy my first house and then loose my job or take a major pay cut.
Unfortunately, I just purchased a house as well. Hopefully somethin comes around soon and I think it will, I have a good chance elsewhere. But you guys are right, the politicians are cutting money where they shouldn't.

My town was 17 square miles, had 82 officers and averaged 40-45 thousand calls a year. And they laid off six officers. Doesn't sound like a lot but trust me, it makes a huge impact.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So glad I work in a small town with a gigantic budget. I feel for you guys, I can't believe so many towns take for granted their police force.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im a cop in the USAF. Been in a little over 2 years, currently deployed to Camp Eggers in Kabul, Afghanistan. K9 package submitted........ hopefully im going to K9 school after this deployment. Plan on becoming a K9 handler for the Sacramento Sherrif's Department in California.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not too many cops want to out themselves but here goes. Yes, I am a cop. Have been for the past 14 years. I do ride and I do ride the bike the way it was intended. I aslo know that I "sleep in the bed I make" when I ride.

Nice to see some other like minded fellows out there!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not too many cops want to out themselves but here goes. Yes, I am a cop. Have been for the past 14 years. I do ride and I do ride the bike the way it was intended. I aslo know that I "sleep in the bed I make" when I ride.

Nice to see some other like minded fellows out there!
You'll find this forum is pretty good to us in general, there are a few cop-haters, but for the most part it's a non-issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice to know. I was just reading some of the other posts in this same room and thought the same thing. Some hate, some love, some just look the other way. Good times!

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'm not a Leo, I'm a Sagittarius, can I still play?

Just kidding. Thanks for what you do, LEO's.. I have to admit, I hate being anywhere near one of you whilst driving/riding, ha. I can be driving perfectly within the letter of the law, but I see an officer near me and I start to wonder if I've done something and don't remember, or if maybe there's an erroneous bulletin out for my plates. lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll play the "out yourself" game...

Fed...LEO... 3 years and loving it. In all honesty, I envy you local city guys for the type of "fun" you get to have, but at the same time, the fun I have keeps me quite entertained!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts