Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi,
had these pipes in 2017, got them used . Very nice appearance and built quality, very light. Sound and performance very good. But much too loud. You can get two different dB-Killers from LeoVince that fit, but both do not work sufficient. The difference is less than 0,5dB.
I had contact to the factory, and they told me that the wool stuffing might be burned and doesn't work anymore. I ordered
the wool and rivets and replaced the wool although the original filling did not look bad. Afterwards the measurements were nearly identical.
Then I designed some modifications (diameter/length/bores) for the eaters, and let them weld, but without success.
The goal was <[email protected], I could not achieve less than 101dB. The conlusion was that the cans are simply too small, the all over volume is not enough to dampen the sound sufficient. I sold them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
had these pipes in 2017, got them used . Very nice appearance and built quality, very light. Sound and performance very good. But much too loud. You can get two different dB-Killers from LeoVince that fit, but both do not work sufficient. The difference is less than 0,5dB.
I had contact to the factory, and they told me that the wool stuffing might be burned and doesn't work anymore. I ordered
the wool and rivets and replaced the wool although the original filling did not look bad. Afterwards the measurements were nearly identical.
Then I designed some modifications (diameter/length/bores) for the eaters, and let them weld, but without success.
The goal was <[email protected], I could not achieve less than 101dB. The conlusion was that the cans are simply too small, the all over volume is not enough to dampen the sound sufficient. I sold them.
Oh damn, that's bad! Cops are very strict about exhaust noise here in HK. I tried wrapping the DB killer with the help of glasswool and wires. It just went down by 2db.
This is with DB killer and no insulation

Attachments

·
Registered
06 Daytona 675
13 Posts
A friend of mine had some luck with the glass wool/fiber glass as well, but ultimately just came to the conclusion that the Leo’s were just too small.
Great if you live in an urban environment without a noise ordinance, but otherwise kind of a loss unfortunately. I believe Akrapovic has a few milder options

·
Registered
2010 Street Triple R
3 Posts
I have those cans on the ST R 2010 I just bought. I am quite liking them...have the stock cans also and will try them, though suspect more a handling from the weight change will be noticed, not performance. Although the bike did come from the dealer with the ODB cable so will peek at the ECU mapping at some point soon.

Some say that these slipons dont need any different fueling, some say they do...will be curious to see if the former owner changed the map from stock. Assume so!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts