Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a lowside last night and bike (Street Triple 675 r 2014) slid on left side straight down the road, thankfully no collision with other cars/curb but the left side engine case suffered a large crack and oil spilled out and the the below was observed:

Automotive tire Coil Wheel Rim Circuit component

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle

Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Tire Bicycle Crankset

So far there’s continuity tested at the connector. Not sure about exact resistance value as my multimeter’s lowest range is 200 ohms but at least I’m sure no open circuit.

Would you recommend change of stator coils or would she still be good to go with a new case and gasket change?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Looks like it tested good. I would just get a cover and gasket and test my charging system afterwards. If it doesn't work, it is an easy fix.

In situations like these I ask myself "how hard is for me to replace again" and "would I want to do it" stators on these bikes are very easy.

Good luck and let us know if it works

·
Registered
694 Posts
Looks like it tested good. I would just get a cover and gasket and test my charging system afterwards. If it doesn't work, it is an easy fix.

In situations like these I ask myself "how hard is for me to replace again" and "would I want to do it" stators on these bikes are very easy.

Good luck and let us know if it works
Agreed as long as copper isn't exposed. The oil in the stator housing is conductive and could theoretically ground out the stator. No clue how likely that is though. If copper is exposed, clean the stator really well (brake cleaner/rubbing alcohol/etc) and then coat the exposed copper with silicone or some other oil resistant sealant.

Reactions: AYoDread

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips so far everyone, parts take a bit of time to get this part of the world (2-3 weeks). Planning to coat the exposed copper with epoxy, will report back once all components come in and we fire her up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts