Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Ontario, so needless to say it gets very cold during winter. My bike is winterized and stays in the shed outside (not heated). I went in the check on her the other day and noticed a small pool of coolant sitting under the bike. It appears that it's leaking from the hose, but i can't see any cracks. I tightened the clamps to the hose and it helped a bit, but it's still leaking. One of my biker buddies asked if i had the proper coolant in there. I have no idea, as i just bought the bike in May 2010. Any body have any answers?
Thx

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had this problem as well. My coolant was leaking out of the short hose located below the radiator. I was lucky enough to be able to tighten up the hose clamps and it stopped leaking. People recommend getting 1/2 inch clamps. That should solve the problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx guys, i'll try getting new clamps in the spring once it warms up a bit! Thx for the tips!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Mine is FINALLY leaking this winter because it's just been so much colder. I don't have a puddle anywhere though, there's just a drop seeping out from the hose from the radiator... just a quick tightening and it'll fix your issue.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Quick tip, don't over fill when you have sorted out the typical hose clamp problem. The min level is where you should be with a cold bike.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was having some coolant leak problems also. The clamps were pretty lose, specially if you ride alot. Gotta be a production problem in part by Triumph.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Coolant Leak

Mine leaked when it cooled down. I found a 6mm Socket and tightened all but one of the clamps. They were quite loose!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nearly 1,000 miles in, I started having the same problem:

It's hard to tell if the leak is happening at the bottom or top of the hose. It begins to leak after sitting for two days. It seems like the factory placement of the clamps is not ideal. I moved the clamps to a straighter pipe section. So far, so good. I will likely get wider clamps just to be sure.

Now about this coolant! Obviously I need to top off after losing some coolant. Triumph's HD4X Hybrid OAT coolant seems to confuse lots of owners. Many have simply drained the stock coolant out for an equivalent product. I haven't talked with the dealer yet to see what the recommend. Suggestions for coolant solutions?

·
Registered
151 Posts
When I took my bike in for the first service, they were convinced the head gasket was leaking. I laughed to myself and let them replace it under warranty.

Then I replaced the clamps because it was still leaking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been looking around the interwebs to see if I can find Triumph's HD4X Hybrid OAT Coolant available with no luck. I know that I don't need much for topping off but it would be great to have a bottle. Luckily, I'm close enough that I can just swing by my dealer to refill coolant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Coolant Leak

I also had the same leak. I found that Xerex G-05 is Hybrid Organic Acid Technology (HOAT) as our manual specifies. (I have a 2011 Daytona 675 and the manual says HD4X Hybrid OAT - but on the previous page is says "A year round Hybrid Organic Acid Technology (known as Hybrid OAT or HOAT) coolant is installed in the cooling system when the motorcycle leaves the factory".

In my searching I came across a p-HOAT which also contains phosphate, so be sure to read the lables!

As usual for this motorcycle, I paid $18 at NAPA for it.

http://www.valvoline.com/products/consumer-products/antifreeze-radiator-products/antifreeze/42

1 - 20 of 20 Posts