Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short...

After dealing with a crappy dealership that eventually went out of business and didn't replace a gasket, leading to a huge oil leak that sprayed onto the back tire...

and then waiting for another dealer to spend weeks not being able to reproduce some electrical issues I've been having, I finally got my stripler back yesterday after two and a half months of going without riding.

The clock and lap timers had clearly been reset since I rode it last as they were looking at the electronics, and the service guy was complimenting the sound of the arrow exhaust when he test rode it, so I thought I'd check the top speed on the lap timer.

Do you really need to go 101mph to test the electronics?

I suppose I can't blame them, though. That's just what this machine does to you.:reddevil:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I have been working on cars a long time...all sorts, from euro-luxo mobiles to mini vans to sports cars. I learned long ago the best way to verify (or duplicate) a repair is to drive the vehicle in the same manner as the owner.

101 isint that fast...

·
BOTM Marshall
3,511 Posts
I have been working on cars a long time...all sorts, from euro-luxo mobiles to mini vans to sports cars. I learned long ago the best way to verify (or duplicate) a repair is to drive the vehicle in the same manner as the owner.

101 isint that fast...
+1

the old," put it through hell to make sure it won't blow up the first time the owner gags on it routine" :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not saying 101's all that fast. Resetting the lap timer erased a faster speed than that. But I'm jealous that someone was taking advantage of her while I was pining at home. :gah:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I suppose I could ignore my obligations at work manipulating electron wave packets to spend a few weeks diagnosing and repairing an electrical problem that should be covered under warranty. Come to think of it, though, I may actually prefer that right now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah, I suppose I could ignore my obligations at work manipulating electron wave packets to spend a few weeks diagnosing and repairing an electrical problem that should be covered under warranty. Come to think of it, though, I may actually prefer that right now.
Looks like your choices are ^that or let the mechanic have a little fun at your expense.

Although, personally, the few weeks with my bike sounds like a lot more fun. :rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts