Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone else has checked the Laguna Seca webpage, but they just released their schedule for the beginning half of the summer. After looking through every month, there are so very few Motorcycle Track Days... and NONE!!! on any weekend..

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/Calendar

Keigwin's got a mid week and CSS got 2 days midweek... and there Yamaha(which I assume to be the Yamaha Champions Riding School, but it's not listed on their website) got 2 day...

None for Pacific Track Time, None for ZZ and None for CLASS...

P.S.

I forgot to point out the obvious... Skip Barber has a monopoly on almost everything else... and they dropped their Riding School for this year.. :-(

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
2011 doesn't seem like a good year for track riding in So Cal either. Its looks like track organizations down here have gotten territorial instead of hosting at different venues. TI2TT seems to mostly be at Pahrump now. FastTrack Riders will only do AAA Speedway, and Trackdaz mostly at Big Willow. SoCal TD is the same (always at CVR). Trackdaz will also have trackdays at Chuckwalla but it will be on Friday and simulataneosly serve as race practice for the race weekend for CVMRA. And so far I don't see ANY trackdays planned for Streets of Willow. I heard Trackdaz may get one and run in it backwards per Jason Pridmore's recommendation. Oh...and trackdaz will host a weekend at Chuckwalla on Jan 22nd and 23rd.

·
Registered
531 Posts
...and there Yamaha(which I assume to be the Yamaha Champions Riding School, but it's not listed on their website) got 2 day...(
I doubt it's the YCRS guys... they've got a school going at Miller on June 1-3 that I've been looking at going to.

I've wanted to do a regular track day there for years, but can't ever find one that works. Looks like it won't happen this year either. Unless, I want to do another Code school there.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
BC, Most of the trackdays begin in March or April from what I have seen here. Also, I would have to put my stock exhaust back on to run Laguna. I guess the weekend pricing to rent the track is super expensive and no one wants to do it. Seems par for the course here in CA. Most of the trackdays are on weekdays unless you run a group day with local forums such as BARF, SBARF, SRF or SCR.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I hope to also get around 50 days on the track. Between STT track days, JenningsGP track days and races with WERA, CCS and ASRA, i should be able to hit that easily.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts