Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooooo... fingers crossed, I'll be doing my first track day on 12/14 and am looking to buy some leathers. (Un)fortunately, I'm very much shaped like a woman :hubba:, so men's leathers don't really work for me and, as a result, I get to choose among the very slim ladies' options.

Do any of y'all have any opinions on the various options out there? Particularly regarding fit.

I spoke with my dealership and they can get Alpinestars' Stella Julie 1-piece ($719.99 for me). They cannot get - but I can probably find elsewhere - the Dainese Yu and Spidi Lizard Pro.

Also, does anyone have any opinions of the A*s Stella SMX-5 boots?

Grazie, ladies.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi there! I have two Spidi Lizard Pro suits -- original and perforated. After getting the legs altered (material added to the expansion panels up the knees) they fit super! The alterations cost $150 each suit, and the suits were both got on the cheap -- $650 for the non-perf, $700 for the perf. I took advantage of Spidi's distributor in the US severing their ties. Bargains can still be had, I think. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there! I have two Spidi Lizard Pro suits -- original and perforated. After getting the legs altered (material added to the expansion panels up the knees) they fit super! The alterations cost $150 each suit, and the suits were both got on the cheap -- $650 for the non-perf, $700 for the perf. I took advantage of Spidi's distributor in the US severing their ties. Bargains can still be had, I think. Good luck!
Sweeeeet!! I'm actually, after more research, leaning more towards the Spidi. How is the fit on 'em in terms of what size your measurements said you should wear vs. what size you actually got?

Thanks so much for the info!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sweeeeet!! I'm actually, after more research, leaning more towards the Spidi. How is the fit on 'em in terms of what size your measurements said you should wear vs. what size you actually got?

Thanks so much for the info!! :thumbsup:
Sha, I also have the Spidi Lady Lizard, and... it is a fantastic suit. The protection is just as good as any men's suit (I often find that women's gear has inferior padding....). My suit is not perforated.

I ordered mine through Kneedraggers.com at Christmas, 2007. I paid a little over $1100.00 for mine but it was well worth the money; it really is a fantastic suit and if you can find it at a less expensive price, GO FOR IT!

One thing I will say, is that the suit ran very, very small. It is quite tight fitting throughout the entire suit. Upon researching this, this tightness is intentional on Spidi's part - they call it a "European fit", which Spidi feels is much safer than a suit that would otherwise be loose in places.

Chip took my suit to a trackday for Eastwind (Julie) to try on as she is looking into purchasing the same suit. I am not sure how it ended up fitting her. I will PM you with more specifics.

I would highly recommend the Spidi Lady Lizard.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Kat! Gooooooood info!

I'm 99% sold on the Spidi - just waiting to hear back from the store on a question I had for them, and then... ooooh, can't wait to order 'em up.

Just ordered some plastics from STG, and am going to call my dealership on Tuesday to get some boots... hooray! :grin:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks, Kat! Gooooooood info!

I'm 99% sold on the Spidi - just waiting to hear back from the store on a question I had for them, and then... ooooh, can't wait to order 'em up.

Just ordered some plastics from STG, and am going to call my dealership on Tuesday to get some boots... hooray! :grin:
Sha, I don't know anything about the boots you mentioned earlier.. I have the A* SMX-Plus boots and love them. One thing I have found (again...), women's boots suck (in general). I always get men's boots; they are more robust and go higher on the shin which naturally would afford more protection.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again for the info, Kat. I hadn't even thought about wearing mens boots - even though the riding boots I've got now are mens. Doh!

Just ordered the Spidi - $689.99 shipped. Woot! Should be here by 12/9. Hooray. :thumbsup:

Now to call Nick at STG to get the plastics on their way...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks again for the info, Kat. I hadn't even thought about wearing mens boots - even though the riding boots I've got now are mens. Doh!

Just ordered the Spidi - $689.99 shipped. Woot! Should be here by 12/9. Hooray. :thumbsup:

Now to call Nick at STG to get the plastics on their way...
So.... we will be seeing a new avatar with all your new stuff???:whistle:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats! That's a super price for a truly super suit. :thumbsup:

I'm a bit late responding, but they do fit snugly. My issues was there wasn't enough length in the legs, and I had raw, bruised knees after a track day. Fortunately that can be fixed!

Here are before after pics of the knee area, showing the additional expanstion panel material.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2jJLv9txX6hfEU792sCq2w
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/kStf8sFC44Y20QsNgDoPZA

Be sure to post up a pic once you're all suited up!

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you're looking for a good pair of boots, i recommend the Sidi Vertigo Corsa boots. The boyfriend bought me a pair of used ones, and they are wonderful!! Can't wait to see all the gear, i too will be starting track days come spring here! Good luck!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Julie,

I had a very similar issue when I wore my Spidi Lizard for the first time, however, I thought it was ME... I never thought to have extra expansion panels put in the knees - I'm going to check this out.

Thanks for posting! This is a huge help.

Congrats! That's a super price for a truly super suit. :thumbsup:

I'm a bit late responding, but they do fit snugly. My issues was there wasn't enough length in the legs, and I had raw, bruised knees after a track day. Fortunately that can be fixed!

Here are before after pics of the knee area, showing the additional expanstion panel material.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2jJLv9txX6hfEU792sCq2w
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/kStf8sFC44Y20QsNgDoPZA

Be sure to post up a pic once you're all suited up!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Julie,

I had a very similar issue when I wore my Spidi Lizard for the first time, however, I thought it was ME... I never thought to have extra expansion panels put in the knees - I'm going to check this out.

Thanks for posting! This is a huge help.
Same here! Everyone kept telling me "they'll break in". After many many track days, they were still an issue. So I took them to Kelcey at NJK Leathers in Laguna Niguel, California. He had me put them on, and sit on his on "sportbike simulator" (a barstool) and immediately saw the issue. For a maker of custom leathers he was really complimentary of the leathers, saying how well they fit everywhere else and commenting on the high quality of the craftmanship. What a difference in their comfort now!

I'm sure lots of places do alterations on leathers, but here's a link to NJK: http://www.njkleathers.com/ They let me ship the perforated set to them instead of having to drive to their shop.

Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts