Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've posted a ride via fb (limited public access) and thought I'd add the details here too...

WHEN: Sunday, 6th March 9.30am - 1pm
WHAT: Girls ONLY ride
LEVEL: Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced

After the success of the last girls ride I helped arrange in November 2010, I thought it was high time we did it again. So at this stage all I've selceted is a date, which incidentally falls the wknd after WSBK & the wknd b4 the Labour Day long wknd in Melbourne.

The first half of the day will be a beginner style ride, so for those who have been riding a little while and potentially would like to meet some other women, with a friendly route to match this level. Potentially & dependant on experience we get on the day we could do some mentoring, i just need ppl put up their hands & offer :nod: The ride is also aimed at riders who have or plan on moving to bigger bikes and who are coming off restrictions. Speed limits will be followed to a destination yet to be decided, which will bring us to the ever important lunch/debrief/discussion!

The second part of the day will be a more vigorous, longer, moutain ride for those looking to play harder - very much intermediate/experienced riders only & most prob some boys will join us.

So spread the word and let me know if ur interested. I'll keep this site posted as decisions and routes are made - hope to c u soon!!

Cheers,
Ceska (aka Frances) :curtsey:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi,

I've posted a ride via fb (limited public access) and thought I'd add the details here too...

WHEN: Sunday, 6th March 9.30am - 1pm
WHAT: Girls ONLY ride
LEVEL: Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced

Cheers,
Ceska (aka Frances) :curtsey:
This sounds like a lot of fun! I wish it wasn't such a long commute from Pennsylvania!
Hope it all goes well and you have a good turnout! Have fun!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers i hope it does too... yep certainly a long commute for u indeed!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:laugh: yes it is

oh & melanie, there def arn't any roo's in austria, but def in australia & they do cross my backyard every day (I'm 35km from the city on the fringe hehe!)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yay another Melbourne trumpy rider!

I'm 52km from the city near some awesome riding roads.

Might meet you on my travels at some point!
Hi Mandi,

Yes ur on the other side of melb to me, but indeed plenty of good mountains to share between us!

Now I c u have the brand new st3 with the new shape lights.... I must say I'm a big fan of the original street fighter lights, yet what I can tell u is that u have a damn beautful machine there...!!!

There is another girls ride happening on Saturday the 7th of May - no doubt u have a facebook account so look up the group "Victorian women motorcycle riders" as some info is in there. I'm not leading this one, yet I'll join it in Healesville - may c u sooner than u think :curtsey:

Cheers,
Frances

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Mandi,

Yes ur on the other side of melb to me, but indeed plenty of good mountains to share between us!

Now I c u have the brand new st3 with the new shape lights.... I must say I'm a big fan of the original street fighter lights, yet what I can tell u is that u have a damn beautful machine there...!!!

There is another girls ride happening on Saturday the 7th of May - no doubt u have a facebook account so look up the group "Victorian women motorcycle riders" as some info is in there. I'm not leading this one, yet I'll join it in Healesville - may c u sooner than u think :curtsey:

Cheers,
Frances
I have duly requested to join the Facebook group!

Yeah I honestly wasn't sure about the new winky lights. I really liked the old bugeyes. And I'm still not convinced about the new tank decal either. The old Triumph logo was so iconic.

But yeah, she's a gorgeous bit of work and when I'm not a nervous wreck thinking I'm going to throw her down the road every 5 seconds, I will sure join in on some rides :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have duly requested to join the Facebook group!

Yeah I honestly wasn't sure about the new winky lights. I really liked the old bugeyes. And I'm still not convinced about the new tank decal either. The old Triumph logo was so iconic.

But yeah, she's a gorgeous bit of work and when I'm not a nervous wreck thinking I'm going to throw her down the road every 5 seconds, I will sure join in on some rides :)
Take ur time, I know I did!
Re the look, I would personally change the lights & the logo back to how it was - the timeless look!! Seriously, I don't understand what is going on with Triumph - why would they change a very successful brand logo? Its their look, who they r, I think they're playing with fire.... They've been to the depths of unpopular and if they continue this way that's go back there again.

Anyhow, enjoy ur little baby, gr8 bike & yes they def require a different style to ride them, quite unlike a sports bike... Finally after 18 months, 5 track days, 4 tours, countless day trips, 28,000ks & rider training, I'm looking & feeling brilliant on mine - each day is different, so accept that we all hav gd & bad days & u'll b fine - enjoy the fresh air & sunshine :thumbup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Take ur time, I know I did!
Re the look, I would personally change the lights & the logo back to how it was - the timeless look!! Seriously, I don't understand what is going on with Triumph - why would they change a very successful brand logo? Its their look, who they r, I think they're playing with fire.... They've been to the depths of unpopular and if they continue this way that's go back there again.

Anyhow, enjoy ur little baby, gr8 bike & yes they def require a different style to ride them, quite unlike a sports bike... Finally after 18 months, 5 track days, 4 tours, countless day trips, 28,000ks & rider training, I'm looking & feeling brilliant on mine - each day is different, so accept that we all hav gd & bad days & u'll b fine - enjoy the fresh air & sunshine :thumbup:
Yup every time I take her out, I feel a little bit more comfortable and not quite so nervous about hurting her.

Already done a refresher course for returning riders which helped and plan on doing some more. Eventually I'll do a superbike school when I'm fit enough.

Getting her lowered slightly as I'm too tippytoes for my liking, which doesn't do much for confidence!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts