Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hit by a car this afternoon on the 10 coming from Santa Monica. I was already in the far right lane getting ready to exit 405 S. Other driver was in a middle lane, missed the 405 N off ramp, didn't look and came into my lane trying to catch her missed exit and clipped me while I was going around 60mph. Didn't brake, didn't signal, she just decided she could quickly switch 2 lanes over without looking. There was no way I could have avoided her. I somehow regained control of my bike and never went down. I don't know how. Scariest shit ever. Luckiest save ever.

I pulled over on the side of the freeway, shut off my bike, and just sat there in shock for a minute. Literally in shock. By the time I had realized what had happened, multiple witness had already stopped, CHP was there in 2 minutes, and I had an ambulance in 5 minutes.

I was lucky to walk away with just a bruised knee and was able to ride home. One of my frame sliders took the brunt of the impact instead of my kneecap.

Frame slider mushroom and mirror can easily be replaced, and I will be riding again soon.

Bitch nearly kills me, doesn't even ask if I'm okay, then she literally starts crying about a scratch on her fucking Chevy Cavalier. Some people are just amazing.

LA drivers are the worst.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Wow mate. Glad you made it out ok.

Reminds me of when I got rear ended because the girl was texting and driving (in my roomates car). Our car was destroyed, leaking gas everywhere...She started crying because she was going to be late for some stupid appointment...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Most people these days just don't pay attention and its terrible. Glad to see your ok. Btw I have that same shoei helmet lol.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Glad you're ok man!! What's with people who don't give a shit about others...Lots of d**** out there unfortunately.
on a positive note it seems like those frame sliders are working out for us lately

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm sure the frame sliders were designed to protect the bike in the event of a crash. In this case, they helped deflect the impact of having my knee and lower leg crushed between my bike and the car. I never thought I would add the "get clipped and save a tank slapper" combo to my stunt repertoire.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Wow!
Lucky to keep it upright, that would have been a pretty hard hit.
I hope your cops over there friggen do her too!
Glad you're Okay, scary shit…

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Hope she won't get away wih it so easily... At least if she were apologetic, but there, she clearly needs a lesson :whistle:

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
You are lucky witnesses even stopped, and the malibu didn't flee the scene. Glad to hear that you came out unscathed too!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
WOW! I'm not surprised......

Okay so if you have been on this site long enough most or some of you know that I used to live up in Northern Cali. I originally came from Redding and then moved to Folsom which is 30 mins outside of Sacramento. Well I moved down to Huntington Beach and just got my bike brought down about less than a month ago. Riding up in Sacramento and Northern Cali is sooooo mellow compared to down here. People honestly just don't give a shit about you. They will literally kill you and while your lying in your own pool of blood they will spit on you and yell at you for being in their way.

I have only been out on my bike a handful of times since moving down here and this is by far the most FUCK*** UP CRAZIEST PLACE TO RIDE.
Honestly the last ride I did on Saturday was just insane. Between traffic and all the Helen Kellers in cages I have honestly lost the desire to ride down here. Even the motorcycle riders are insane and dumb. Passing cars and bikes on two lane roads. Last week coming home from my ride I was cut off by a Ducati rider with his female rider on the back. All he wanted was just be in front of me even though I had stacks of cages in front of me.

Seriously be safe out their and get a posse to ride everywhere you go.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wow, glad you're ok and had flame sliders.

The same exact thing happened to me on a city street at ~35mph and I figuratively shit my pants and somehow kept the bike upright. I pulled over in shock, just like you, and the lady stopped for a sec "guess i should look before i turn, huh?" and drove off. Unfortunately, I didn't have frame sliders yet so I had a massive bruise on my thigh for about a month and a half.

Cagers are idiots!

·
Registered
437 Posts
glad you are alright. hope you rail that girl's insurance. make her pay for years through higher rates and maybe that will help her learn.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys.

Here's the sad part.

I have no need to report this to my insurance and jack up my own rates as I can replace a frame slider mushroom and a mirror for less than $100. It's not worth my time to chase this bitch for the cash either. I didn't have to go to the hospital, so no costs incurred there. Just a couple bruises on my knee and my inner thigh and I'll be riding again as soon as I feel comfortable squeezing the tank. It was her fault by multiple accounts, so if she wants to file an insurance claim or go to court over a couple rattle cans of touch-up paint and a $20 dent puller, she's more than welcome to do whatever the fuck she wants. Worst case is she might get a traffic ticket for not using a signal or something stupid. I didn't bother asking CHP, didn't really care about her. She didn't even think it was a big deal because I didn't go down and have a horrific crash. I'll be the first to admit that it wasn't any type of skill to saved my ass, it was pure luck.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I live about a mile from the 10/405s merger. What a nightmare. I see incidents like this all the time. CHP officer was killed by there when he was on the side of the road when some genius decided to use the side of the road lane as his one personal lane and was speeding giving him no time to react to the CHP officer who was pulled over giving someone else a ticket.

Glad you are ok

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
thats wicked crazy, that you saved it....GLAD you are OK

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeah I went from riding almost every day to riding street once or twice every couple weeks. I will probably pick it up a bit eventually (had a baby last year which means I needed my car almost every day for some reason or another) but i'm lazy. Makes me love the track even more when I hear things like this. I've had my fair share of near misses with stupid drivers as well. The 405 is a deathtrap.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
If I were the kind to guilt-trip people, I'd say the next rider she hits is on you if you don't react. :whistle:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts