Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following lowsiding my 2011 Daytona SE and cracking my original headlights in the process, I bought these: Fit for Triumph Daytona 675 2006-2008 LED Angel Eye Headlight Assembly
I couldn't find any reviews anywhere on the internet, but they both looked beautiful and the websites looked legit so I pulled the trigger.

KT Moto Headlights:
The overall finish is very good. These look amazing! I got blacked out ones with angel eyes and dual 55W HIDs. I'll update this post if any issues spring up down the road.

I will say, the installation instructions were very clear, and the wiring harnesses were well made. The only issue I had was fitting the massive amount of wiring into the nearly non-existent free space in the cowls, but that's not KT Moto's fault.

Proton 500 Turn signals
Since one of my two old clear smoke turn signals (https://afcsignals.com/) got trashed in the accident, I decided to try something new. The AFC signals were very nice quality, but the light output was abysmal. Worst output I've ever seen from LEDs, ever. They looked great, but were worthless.

After a lot of research and finding many old turn signal forum favorites (eg. the watson signals) are no longer available, I came across the proton 500s and pulled the trigger. These are INSANELY bright, and are programmable. Immense upgrade from the AFC ones, for the same price. The one issue I have with them is that they come with bare wires - no connectors. This is extraordinarily lazy of the manufacturer since these are custom made for daytonas. I ended up stealing the connectors off my old AFCs. They also come with an additional wire for running lights (always on, half brightness). I debated about using these, but then spliced these into my KT Moto harness. Figured it would really help with visibility at night.

This is a pretty poor review, but please reach out if you have any questions. Hope this helps someone!

Pics:

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
you up in the PNW? as see that japanese cherry/plum tree.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts