Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 ST3 R with only 3.5k miles, 2nd owner and bought it with 1k miles on it. I feel the bike is leaning more than it used too and when I look I am imagining it is slightly bent. I live in the SF Bay Area and there are hills everywhere which exacerbate the lean - thinking fatigue. I checked the bolts and they are tight.

Any ideas / suggestions? Buy a replacement on eBay, they are under $30. I just doen't want to come out one day and the bike is laying on its side. Any centerstands out there?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have a 2014 ST3 R with only 3.5k miles, 2nd owner and bought it with 1k miles on it. I feel the bike is leaning more than it used too and when I look I am imagining it is slightly bent. I live in the SF Bay Area and there are hills everywhere which exacerbate the lean - thinking fatigue. I checked the bolts and they are tight.

Any ideas / suggestions? Buy a replacement on eBay, they are under $30. I just doen't want to come out one day and the bike is laying on its side. Any centerstands out there?
Unless you abused it I doubt the kickstand will bend midshaft.
Make sure you’re parked on a flat horizontal road and check again
Also check all the bolts are tight

Pics would help

Our bikes tend to lean pretty far on kickstands i remember my jap bike friends making a few comments about mine.

No matter what I wouldn’t cheap out and get any replacement (if needed) except OEM.
These are bespoke aluminum parts and I would hate to see a triumph with a cheap and rusty kickstand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unless you abused it I doubt the kickstand will bend midshaft.
Make sure you’re parked on a flat horizontal road and check again
Also check all the bolts are tight

Pics would help

Our bikes tend to lean pretty far on kickstands i remember my jap bike friends making a few comments about mine.

No matter what I wouldn’t cheap out and get any replacement (if needed) except OEM.
These are bespoke aluminum parts and I would hate to see a triumph with a cheap and rusty kickstand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the same problem. Will check the things you told.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts